Animal toy reviews and walk-arounds

Author Topic: Orca - 2004 (Schleich - Sea Life)  (Read 3713 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Orca - 2004 (Schleich - Sea Life)
« on: January 29, 2013, 10:08:47 PM »
Hello friends, this is the figure of Orca ( Orcinus orca ) Linnaeus, 1758 of Schleich - Sea Life. Total lenght is 200 mm. This figure was relased in 2004 and it was retired.

Schleich released in 2004 another line of sea animals out scale, but they have a great collection of sea animals that currently, they are retired. This figure was one of the fisrt of this line and hammerhead shark was one of the last. I think that this figure is a nice reply of this animal, better than the version of 1998. Sculpture, stand and details are nice but proportions are no corrects. I think that currently it is a beautiful and great figure but if it have a longer body, would be better it. Collecta orca is very similar that this . I bought this figure in a store in Cadiz( Spain ) in 2006.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: Orca - 2004 (Schleich - Sea Life)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 07:55:31 AM »
Very nice walk-around, Jetoar! :) What concerned me most about the figure is the extremely large head. On the other hand the colouration looks good and I like how they painted the palate. 8)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Re: Orca - 2004 (Schleich - Sea Life)
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 01:18:22 PM »
Very nice walk-around, Jetoar! :) What concerned me most about the figure is the extremely large head. On the other hand the colouration looks good and I like how they painted the palate. 8)

Thanks friend  ^-^!. Yes, I think the same. The best detail of this figure is the head and the mouth  ^-^. They have done a good work with the palate  ^-^.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 01:22:02 PM by Jetoar »
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures