This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: Bottlenose dolphin (Schleich - Sea Animals 1:32)  (Read 3762 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Bottlenose dolphin (Schleich - Sea Animals 1:32)
« on: January 28, 2013, 05:11:50 PM »
Hello friends, this is the figure of bottlenose dolphin ( Tursiops truncatus ) Montagu, 1821 of Schleich - Sea Life. Total lenght is 110 mm and scale is 1:32. This figure was relased in 2005 and it was retired.

Schleich have done a lot of figures of animals of land and sea with more details than the older version, but they have a great collection of sea animals have been retired currently and this year because they have launched and new figures of sea animals.
This figure is a good example of this situation. I think that this figure is a cool reply of this animal. Colors are very nice and the sculpture, stand and details are very accurate. I think that one of the best detail is the mouth. Schleich have done four bottle nose dolphins and this is the third of this figures. I bought this figure in a toy store of Cadíz ( Spain )the last Christmas .
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: Bottlenose dolphin (Schleich - Sea Animals 1:32)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 09:58:19 PM »
That's a nice Bottle-nosed Dolphin figure, Jetoar! :) However, I like the two versions by Papo more (and probably the current WS Sealife which I still don't have). I believe if the snout had been sculpted a little narrower, the teeth smaller and more numerous, and the peduncle of the tail more compressed laterally the figure would have looked even better.

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Re: Bottlenose dolphin (Schleich - Sea Animals 1:32)
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 01:37:13 AM »
That's a nice Bottle-nosed Dolphin figure, Jetoar! :) However, I like the two versions by Papo more (and probably the current WS Sealife which I still don't have). I believe if the snout had been sculpted a little narrower, the teeth smaller and more numerous, and the peduncle of the tail more compressed laterally the figure would have looked even better.

Yes, I think more less the same that you friend, I think that it is too short, but it is not bad figure  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal