Animal toy reviews and walk-arounds

Author Topic: Bottlenose dolphin (Schleich - Sea Animals 1:32)  (Read 3132 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Bottlenose dolphin (Schleich - Sea Animals 1:32)
« on: January 28, 2013, 05:11:50 PM »
Hello friends, this is the figure of bottlenose dolphin ( Tursiops truncatus ) Montagu, 1821 of Schleich - Sea Life. Total lenght is 110 mm and scale is 1:32. This figure was relased in 2005 and it was retired.

Schleich have done a lot of figures of animals of land and sea with more details than the older version, but they have a great collection of sea animals have been retired currently and this year because they have launched and new figures of sea animals.
This figure is a good example of this situation. I think that this figure is a cool reply of this animal. Colors are very nice and the sculpture, stand and details are very accurate. I think that one of the best detail is the mouth. Schleich have done four bottle nose dolphins and this is the third of this figures. I bought this figure in a toy store of Cadíz ( Spain )the last Christmas .
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: Bottlenose dolphin (Schleich - Sea Animals 1:32)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 09:58:19 PM »
That's a nice Bottle-nosed Dolphin figure, Jetoar! :) However, I like the two versions by Papo more (and probably the current WS Sealife which I still don't have). I believe if the snout had been sculpted a little narrower, the teeth smaller and more numerous, and the peduncle of the tail more compressed laterally the figure would have looked even better.

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Re: Bottlenose dolphin (Schleich - Sea Animals 1:32)
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 01:37:13 AM »
That's a nice Bottle-nosed Dolphin figure, Jetoar! :) However, I like the two versions by Papo more (and probably the current WS Sealife which I still don't have). I believe if the snout had been sculpted a little narrower, the teeth smaller and more numerous, and the peduncle of the tail more compressed laterally the figure would have looked even better.

Yes, I think more less the same that you friend, I think that it is too short, but it is not bad figure  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures