News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mojo Fun now in partnership with Animal Planet

Started by AnimalToyForum, January 27, 2013, 04:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

Varanus

I'm not sure how that makes me feel truthfully, I've sort of lost interest/respect for Animal Planet in recent years, there's seemingly no interest in real wild animals anymore.  If Mojo's future figures are anything like Animal Planet's tv shows, all we're going to get are toy dogs and cats. :-\

sauroid

im not sure if this is good or bad news. :-\

Quote from: Varanus on January 28, 2013, 01:42:42 AM
I'm not sure how that makes me feel truthfully, I've sort of lost interest/respect for Animal Planet in recent years, there's seemingly no interest in real wild animals anymore.  If Mojo's future figures are anything like Animal Planet's tv shows, all we're going to get are toy dogs and cats. :-\
i hope not. but i doubt they will limit themselves anyway.

sbell

"Animal Planet" is still a brand that makes people think of wild animals and nature anyway (even if they don't do it much) so the branding makes sense. The bigger issue will be market reach. Animal Planet products are still pretty much limited to TRU and Discovery Stores (here in Canada, it's barely that) so who knows if we'll see anything change, since TRU has sold out to Schleich already.

On the other hand, it can't hurt to give Mojo a push, they need the distribution and recognition if they're going to survive.