This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: Blue shark (Schleich - Sea Animals 1:32)  (Read 3550 times)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Blue shark (Schleich - Sea Animals 1:32)
« on: January 26, 2013, 10:54:18 PM »
Hello friends, this is the figure of Blue shark ( Prionace glauca ) Linnaeus, 1758 of Schleich - Sea Life. Total lenght is 150 mm and scale is 1:32. This figure was relased in 1995 and it was retired.

Schleich have done a lot of figures of animals of land and sea, but they have a great collection of sea animals that currently, they are retired. This figure is a good example of this situation (the same situation that hammer head shark). I think that this figure is not bad reply of this animal. Colors would be better because is a dark grey and this animal is a "blue" shark. Sculpture, stand and details are very nice. Other brands have done better figures currently, but this figure in 1995 was a great figure and I think that currently it is a great figure but other figures as MBA blue shark is better than this. I bought this figure the same day that I bought the spotted eagle ray, hammerhead shark in the Aquarium of Barcelona ( Spain ) in 1999 when I was a child  .
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 11:20:14 PM by brontodocus »
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: Blue shark (Schleich - Sea Animals 1:32)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 11:26:17 PM »
It's a very nice figure (colour could be better, though, but the shape is very good)! :) Although definitely too big to fit in the given scale of 1:32. Since the 1:32 Sea Animals were made by Maia & Borges and their new Blue Shark (and the Hammerhead Shark, too) looks very similar I wonder if it's the same sculpt?

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Re: Blue shark (Schleich - Sea Animals 1:32)
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 11:49:01 PM »
It's a very nice figure (colour could be better, though, but the shape is very good)! :) Although definitely too big to fit in the given scale of 1:32. Since the 1:32 Sea Animals were made by Maia & Borges and their new Blue Shark (and the Hammerhead Shark, too) looks very similar I wonder if it's the same sculpt?

I think the same that you, is probably that will be the same sculptor. It is a nice figure  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal