This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: Sioux Chief on Horseback (Schleich - American Frontier)  (Read 3212 times)

Battatitan

• View Profile
Sioux Chief on Horseback (Schleich - American Frontier)
« on: January 23, 2013, 06:23:08 PM »
Hey everybody  ;)

I encountered some elusive free time the other day so I photographed a few figures for some walk-arounds. Here I'll be 'walking around' a fine Schleich figure from a sadly retired line: the Sioux Chief from Schleich's 'World of the American Frontier'. Despite being an old line they certainly are detailed and I'm sure would provide imaginitive play for kids (and collectors  :-[ ). The Sioux Chief is, unfortunatly, the only figure from this range which I own.

He certainly is a detailed piece: it takes little imagination to see him surveying his prairie before gracefully returning to his tribe on his stallion (perhaps I am biased, being a particularly equine-person, but the steed is probably my favourite part of this set). I hope that my photos provide them at least some justice.
<and I didn't mean to ramble on as much as I just did>

His Appaloosa steed:

...And the chief himself (looking a tad uncomfortable on the stool). The colours and details of his clothes are really impressive but in some places paint application is a little sloppy:

Mid-Gangnam Style:

The nice addition of his... err... weapon (I'm not wholly familiar with Sioux traditions etc):

I hope my walk-around was enjoyable and the pictures adequate. I would definetly recommend this figure (and the others from the line) although the Chief is quite sought after now.
Many thanks for looking.  ;)

« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 06:24:13 PM by Battatitan »

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: Sioux Chief on Horseback (Schleich - American Frontier)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 02:06:27 AM »
It's a great looking figure and thanks for posting, nice photos, too! 8) I also have only one figure of the line, the "Settler Father".

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
Re: Sioux Chief on Horseback (Schleich - American Frontier)
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 10:12:53 AM »
Congrats for your post. Nice figure friend  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal