News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Posting images

Started by AnimalToyForum, December 06, 2012, 12:16:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: brontodocus on February 04, 2017, 10:38:01 AM
It seems that almost all of my walk-around photos don't show anymore, even those from 2016 have now different urls. Apparently, facebook renames image urls now faster than they did before. I switched to postimage.org recently. I will try to fix every of my walk-arounds but it will take a while, probably months. I've just downloaded approx. 4000 of my photos from facebook and will upload them to postimage but the sheer amount of data will make this a long term project. :-\

That's real frustrating  >:(

Postimage sounds much better than Photobucket, which is almost impossible to use these days, and Facebook, which changes the URLs! Maybe I will change my recommendation on the ATF and DTF, and the 'how to' Youtube video.

brontodocus

Quote from: animaltoyforum on February 04, 2017, 01:18:54 PM

Postimage sounds much better than Photobucket, which is almost impossible to use these days, and Facebook, which changes the URLs! Maybe I will change my recommendation on the ATF and DTF, and the 'how to' Youtube video.
The good thing is that postimage really seems handy, so far fixing a few walk-arounds was faster than I expected. :)

bmathison1972

Quote from: brontodocus on February 04, 2017, 03:19:34 PM
Quote from: animaltoyforum on February 04, 2017, 01:18:54 PM

The good thing is that postimage really seems handy, so far fixing a few walk-arounds was faster than I expected. :)

One of the reasons I can do 5-7 Bug of the Day posts in a weekday evening is because postimage is so smooth and easy (oh, and my new apartment in SLC has better lighting so minimal editing in Photoshop  ;) )

brontodocus

You can't imagine how glad I am that Blaine brought up the idea of using postimage as a picture host! What I thought would be a task of several months actually took only a few days and (I hope I haven't forgotten one) apparently all of my walk-around photos are back. Absolutely highly recommended! :)

BlueKrono

It's wonderful to see all these neat pictures again of figures you've previously reviewed.
I like turtles.

brontodocus

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 07, 2017, 03:19:41 PM
It's wonderful to see all these neat pictures again of figures you've previously reviewed.
Many thanks, BlueKrono! :)

postsaurischian

I'm sorry to say that all my pictures are gone due to Photobucket's new restrictions.
They want USD $399 from me to go on. I can't do that.
I don't know if any of the moderators wants to do that lot of work, but you should delete my posts, especially in the walk-around section, because it makes the forum quite unattractive with all those missing photos.
I was having a great time posting pictures and I will miss it a lot. To bring them back is too much work for me.
I quit. I'm saying thank you for the pleasure this forum brought to me and bye bye.

bmathison1972

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 30, 2017, 09:52:16 AM
I'm sorry to say that all my pictures are gone due to Photobucket's new restrictions.
I don't know if any of the moderators wants to do that lot of work, but you should delete my posts, especially in the walk-around section, because it makes the forum quite unattractive with all those missing photos.
I was having a great time posting pictures and I will miss it a lot. To bring them back is too much work for me.
I quit. I'm saying thank you for the pleasure this forum brought to me and bye bye.

I agree it's a pain, but I will move forward with postimage. I will not update old pics unless they are asked for. Honestly I don't have pics taken before June 2016 when I bought a new computer...

Beetle guy

Same here, I will replace some pictures (only of the walkarounds and collection). May take awhile.
To beetle or not to beetle.

bmathison1972

I went ahead and replaced images for complete sets posted (that I still have pics for); I will do individual walk-arounds if requested. But anything prior to June 2016 would have to be re-captured  :-\

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 30, 2017, 09:52:16 AM

As on the DTF, I am initiating a great Photobucket purge. See: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5884.0

I will create a similar thread on the ATF shortly.

AnimalToyForum

You may have noticed all the postimage-hosted images on the forum are not appearing. The reason is as RobinGoodfellows shared on the DTF:

"Official reply from Postimages:

postimg.ORG domain is locked by Registry, no prior notice.
While we hope to resolve the issue, we chose postimg.CC as our new home.
Please update codes embedded in your websites.

Your pictures are still there, but any pics links you posted you have to change the .org in the link to .cc to get them to show again.

example:

Change this:
[noparse]https://s5.postimg.cc/fal7wrdjb/100_3333.jpg[/noparse]

to this:
[noparse]https://s5.postimg.cc/fal7wrdjb/100_3333.jpg[/noparse]"

So, it is relatively easy to fix, but time consuming.

There might be a way I can find and replace "org" with "cc", but I'm not familiar enough with MySQL databases to implement the change. Can anyone help.

AnimalToyForum

I fixed all the dead postimages by working out how to do a "find and replace" on the forum's MYSQL database. 8) That's a relief.  ^-^

bmathison1972

Thanks Adam. I started fixing mine (I did the Bullyland walk-arounds) but wasn't going to do everything again. So glad you found a way to do it all at once!

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on April 15, 2018, 12:46:29 AM
Thanks Adam. I started fixing mine (I did the Bullyland walk-arounds) but wasn't going to do everything again. So glad you found a way to do it all at once!

Glad it saved you some trouble. I'm quite proud of myself for working out how to do it - my knowledge of MYSQL is rudimentary!

It's a shame there was/is no such fix for the Photobucket problem.

Beetle guy

Thanks Adam!!

I will continue to recapture the images of my (now) photoless posts.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: Beetle guy on April 15, 2018, 08:48:51 PM
Thanks Adam!!

I will continue to recapture the images of my (now) photoless posts.

Are the photo-less posts due to Photobucket?

Beetle guy

Yes, I will have to recapture the DeAgostini beetles for sure..being the holy grail for beetlecollectors  :)

Advicot

In order to post my pics shall I take the photos with a small camera as one of my camera's photos of my collection isn't working as the pic is over 1000KB.  ???
Don't I take long uploading photos!

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: Advicot on November 17, 2019, 09:15:10 PM
In order to post my pics shall I take the photos with a small camera as one of my camera's photos of my collection isn't working as the pic is over 1000KB.  ???

Just resize it. Google has the answers...