News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2022

Started by bmathison1972, January 17, 2022, 10:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

North American Wildlife:

baby alligator:

Wildlife:

Okapi:

Sealife:

minke whale:

salmon shark:

Best in Show:

Shiba inu:

Dinosaurs:

Patagotitan

Albertosaurus:

Cryolophosaurus:

Dino Dana:

Nanotyrannus:

Zuul:

Stygimoloch:

Incredible Creatures:

Rock agama (repaint of bearded dragon)

Crested gecko

Tancho koi (repaint of older koi)

green anaconda:

TOOBS:

Asian TOOB:

Sahara Desert TOOB:

EpicRaptorMan

Interested in the Salmon shark. Tacho koi too if it wasn't an IC.

Gwangi

Definitely excited by the prospect of a salmon shark. Would it be presumptuous of me to reserve it for review? ;D

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on January 17, 2022, 11:14:41 PM
Definitely excited by the prospect of a salmon shark. Would it be presumptuous of me to reserve it for review? ;D

I'll go in for the preemptive strike and put you down for it now :-D

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 17, 2022, 11:37:07 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on January 17, 2022, 11:14:41 PM

I'll go in for the preemptive strike and put you down for it now :-D

Thanks!

JimoAi

Please tell me that there's a ray in the incredible creatures toob

K907

Ooh as an Alaskan and seen salmon sharks (well dead ones at least), it would cool to have this in figure form!

stargatedalek

Crested gecko! I hope it's life sized (or 2:1).

suspsy

One would certainly like to hope that that is not the entire lineup. I don't believe so given that there's not a single listing there for the regular wild animal series. Can't envision Safari not doing at least one new beast. But in this difficult day and age, who knows? If that really is the lot, then so be it. We will all be just fine. I personally will be spending less money, which is always a good thing.

stargatedalek

Between the lizards, koi, and potentially the toob, that's already about what I get from them most years if not a little bit more. If there is more to add I'd guess this is probably already it for non-mammals.

EpicRaptorMan

Uninterested in anything starting with "T" and ending with "OOB"

Same for the IC animals, but I already have a couple which I was unfamiliar with until recently (Nudibranch & Goliath Grouper). Might snag the Red-eyed tree frog while I'm at it since it's 2"x2.5"

I don't believe "this is it" either I just wanna see em already

JimoAi

Salmon shark is a no brainer for me to get

BlueKrono

I'll basically buy any new species of shark Safari puts out. They make a great collection.
I like turtles.

sbell

The Asia toob could be interesting--in the last few 'regional' toobs there's been at least one interesting fish (except the South African I suppose). 'ASIA' seems a bit broad for 9 or 10 figures though...would have been nice to have it narrow down a little. And I'm really hoping they go broader than just tiger, panda...probably orangutan.

But finally, a salmon shark. Can't wait to see it.

EpicRaptorMan

That new koi paint sure is good, although that large IC size is more than enough to keep me away.

bmathison1972

Gwangi

Nice! I like it, although I would greatly prefer a naturally colored common carp.  O:-)

sbell

Quote from: Gwangi on January 21, 2022, 04:01:39 PM
Nice! I like it, although I would greatly prefer a naturally colored common carp.  O:-)

Still a better colour scheme than the current gold one.

And even if it were 'wild coloured' it would still not be a natural/wild carp. It's still a domestic koi.

Gwangi

Quote from: sbell on January 21, 2022, 04:21:34 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on January 21, 2022, 04:01:39 PM

Still a better colour scheme than the current gold one.

And even if it were 'wild coloured' it would still not be a natural/wild carp. It's still a domestic koi.

It is a better color scheme, I agree.

I was mostly just expressing my desire for a common carp, not a repaint of this koi per se. Preferably, yes, a new sculpt for a common carp would be ideal but Safari could give this koi a carp paintjob and that would be sufficient, at least for me.