News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Ikimon/Kitan Club - New for 2022

Started by bmathison1972, November 25, 2021, 12:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

kimon NTC 400 Shark will be released in March 2022.
1. Carcharodon carcharias
2. Rhincodon typus
3. Sphyrna lewini
4. Alopias pelagicus
5. Negaprion acutidens [new species in toy form?]
6. Mitsukurina owstoni

sphyrna18

:o :o :o :o :o :o YASSS!  Gorgeous!!  Getting that Sharks set right away!!

JimoAi

bmathison1972

Other promotional pics indicate they may follow this set of sharks up with a set of cetaceans and maybe (finally) the Australian animal set. 2022 could be a good year for Ikimon!

Isidro

From the cetacean set only the Commerson's dolphin is for me, but it will depend on the size. I would not like it smaller than the Safari vaquita, but I fear it will be.

brettnj

Hey.

Dirk on the STS, our best source for timely information, indicates a June release for the Australia set.

If anyone is interested, please PM (or e-mail if you are on my mailing list) ASAP, as it, as with some of the Wild Rush sets and the Qualia dinosaur set, might garner enough interest that I have to ask my new figure source to order extra sets, which he does at least 3 months in advance, on our behalf.

As is, I've received orders for 10 sets in two days.

Thanks.
Brett

JimoAi

bmathison1972

Ikimon NTC LED jellyfish set, due April 2022

bmathison1972

Supposedly this is being released this year (I'll believe it when I see it...)

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 28, 2021, 01:53:58 PM
Ikimon NTC LED jellyfish set, due April 2022

According to the translations, they are all diff species: pacific, Atlantic, Indonesian and black

FlaffyRaptors

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 04, 2022, 01:22:37 AM
Supposedly this is being released this year (I'll believe it when I see it...)

Are any of the terrestrials worth getting (Snub-nose monkey, Tiger, Takin, Père David's deer, Chinese pangolin)? Wanted to know if they're the best representations of their respective species so far.

bmathison1972

they will probably be some of the best representatives of their species (although the CollectA deer, CBIOV takin, and Safari monkey are all VERY nice). However, these Ikimon figures will be tiny; those bases are typically only 3 cm along each side

Dusty Wren

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 04, 2022, 02:13:55 PM
However, these Ikimon figures will be tiny; those bases are typically only 3 cm along each side

Oh, geez, thanks for the heads up on that. I knew they'd be small, but that's a little too small for me.

Also, can confirm that CollectA's Pere David's deer is a fantastic figure.

stargatedalek

Worth noting Chinese alligators are not often made, this might be the first explicitly identified one?

Gwangi

A beautiful assortment, I can't believe I'm seeing a Myxocyprinus in there. Be still my heart!

FlaffyRaptors

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 04, 2022, 02:13:55 PM
they will probably be some of the best representatives of their species (although the CollectA deer, CBIOV takin, and Safari monkey are all VERY nice). However, these Ikimon figures will be tiny; those bases are typically only 3 cm along each side

I've got the CollectA Père David's deer, and I agree it's a fantastic figure. I guess the trade off between the CollectA and NTC ones are: a static pose, but more impressive antlers; versus a dynamic pose, but more reserved antlers.

FlaffyRaptors

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 04, 2022, 08:30:43 PM
Worth noting Chinese alligators are not often made, this might be the first explicitly identified one?

Kaiyodo's done it first. But definitely interested to see how the NTC compares with the already wonderful Kaiyodo sculpt.
postsaurischian's album: http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=2361.msg19813#msg19813

FlaffyRaptors

Quote from: Gwangi on January 04, 2022, 09:08:59 PM
A beautiful assortment, I can't believe I'm seeing a Myxocyprinus in there. Be still my heart!

Same here! Really wish NTC included a juvenile specimen along with the adult, akin to the accessory catfish that accompanies the sturgeon. The juvenile colours and patterns are just so distinctive and striking. However, part of me also wishes this spot was taken by the recently extinct chinese Paddlefish. Would've been really cool to display the two largest and most iconic "living-fossil" fish of the Yangtze together.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on January 04, 2022, 09:08:59 PM

The fish are definitely the highlights here, with M. asiaticus and a new species of sturgeon, Acipenser dabryanus

Isidro

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on January 04, 2022, 09:24:21 PMThe juvenile colours and patterns are just so distinctive and striking.

Funnily enough, I only knew about the juvenile colours for this species until this set was announced the previous year! In aquaria I've seen only juveniles.

The snub-nosed monkey is very far superior in quality than the Safari LTD one - I just wish one intermediate in size between both. While I'm not a fan of bases, I would not mind this one with the exciting mythical Davidia involucrata :)