News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Black & White Rhinoceros

Started by EpicRaptorMan, November 21, 2021, 03:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicRaptorMan

My very first animal that started my collection was a rhinoceros. Particular the old '01 Schleich one (14193). I like it and all, but I had a confession to make...this entire time I thought it was a White Rhino but after closer analysis of it's lip it appears to be a Black Rhino. :0

Which throws a wrench into my plans on purchasing the Black Rhino from Safari Ltd (228929) since I do not like duplicating species. If I did purchase this Black Rhino it would have to replace my current one and alongside it get the White Rhino (270229) from Safari Ltd too.

bmathison1972

All my rhinos are by Safari Ltd, although the 2019 CollectA white rhino, 2018 Schleich Indian rhino, and the 2008 Papo black rhino are all very nice as well [I thought Papo had an updated black rhino but I guess not].

EpicRaptorMan

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 21, 2021, 04:55:51 PM
All my rhinos are by Safari Ltd, although the 2019 CollectA white rhino, 2018 Schleich Indian rhino, and the 2008 Papo black rhino are all very nice as well [I thought Papo had an updated black rhino but I guess not].
I have the Javan Rhino by Schleich and the Sumatran Rhino.
As mentioned i had the rhino from old Schleich too and decided I needed a Black Rhino which started this whole fiasco.

I already made the purchase on the Safari Ltd White & Black Rhino so when they come in my original will likely be replaced.

Arctinus

I had quite a few Schleich figures (before I discovered Papo, Collecta and other brands) and I also had to replace them since I also collect one figure per species (with certain exceptions). :P And I'm sure I'll replace some figures in the future, too, when better/more accurate figures pop up.
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

~Anatole France