News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

problem seeing images on the ATB (and DTB)

Started by bmathison1972, July 22, 2021, 01:49:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Several pics are not showing up for me on the Blogs on my laptop, but I can see them on my phone. Anyone else having a similar problem?

My daily 'Museum' post (the images for which are hosted on the ATB) does not seem to be affected, however

Lanthanotus

No problem here....tried to empty your cookie cache, maybe its related to that. I often experience problems with websites that are (temporarily) solved by deleting cookies.

bmathison1972

that didn't work but I'll restart it when I go to work today and then check again when I get home

bmathison1972

So here is a recap:

On the ATB (and DTB) several images are not showing up for me. It is only happening on my home laptop, not at work nor on my phone. There is a space for them, however, with the generic image icon suggesting a broken link.

If I right click on the image and say 'open image in a new tab' I can see it just fine in the new tab, but if I right click and choose 'load image' nothing happens

If I go into the Blog workstation, I can see the images just fine in Draft but not in Preview.

I use the Blog to host images for my Daily Museum post, but those don't seem to be affected.

The following solutions have not helped:
1. Clearing browsing history and cookies
2. Running a deep clean using CCleaner (which performs the same function)
3. Restarting (multiple times).

I am at work now and am curious to see if the problem is there when I get home. It appears to be some communications issue with my laptop and the Blog(s), but darned if I can figure it out

@Beetle guy @animaltoyforum - any thoughts?

Beetle guy

which browser do you use? Is it up-to-date?
To beetle or not to beetle.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Beetle guy on July 22, 2021, 03:12:35 PM
which browser do you use? Is it up-to-date?

I use Chrome; I assume it's up-to-date. I can see when I get home. Is updating Chrome automatic, or is there something the user need to do?

Cachalot

It seems to be working for me and I have a Chromebook
Thar She Blows!

AnimalToyForum

Hmm. That's a curious one, but I agree it sounds like an issue with your browser or laptop version/settings, since the issue seems to be specific to that device. All the images are appearing for me.

bmathison1972

Quote from: animaltoyforum on July 22, 2021, 06:19:58 PM
Hmm. That's a curious one, but I agree it sounds like an issue with your browser or laptop version/settings, since the issue seems to be specific to that device. All the images are appearing for me.

Yeah it's weird. I also should have mentioned it is only some images, not all. But even though it is probably a PC/browser thing, it is interesting it only happens on the ATB and DTB ?!?!

bmathison1972

@animaltoyforum @Beetle guy

So I went into one of the blogposts in draft and the images are missing there too. There is an icon for an image with this text:

this image has an empty alt attribute. Its file name is....[with the name of the image that's missing]

edit...I just went to Explorer and didn't see the problem. it is something with my Chrome not communicating with the Blog, since it only affects the ATB and DTB.