News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

New Collector!! Started with dinos, now branching out!

Started by Koifish, May 03, 2021, 08:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koifish

Hey everyone! Just registered even though I've lurked for some time.. I had previously been collecting dinosaurs and My Little Pony (all gens, though I have since retired from it after 17 years).

I decided to finally pursue collecting animals after I realized I had secretly always wanted to, since I was a kid. It was so exciting to walk into a zoo or musem gift shop and see the display racks of Safari and Schleich, and over the years, every time I saw them, I would always want them, but never pursued it.

I still absolutely love my dinosaurs (mainly Safarisaurs, Collecta, Kaiyodo, and a few PNSO), but as I have a passion for all animals, my focus will be on Cenozoic animals, both extinct and living.
Bluestem Zoo | Collector of mainly late Pleistocene-Holocene animal figures | Come visit my zoo! | THIS HOBBY NEEDS MORE RECENTLY-EXTINCT SPECIES!!

bmathison1972

Gwangi

Welcome, it's pretty quiet  around here generally, will be nice to have some new blood. Like you I also started with dinosaurs, 10 years later and now I'm somewhat reluctantly getting into extant animals.

sirenia

Welcome aboard! Look forward to seeing you around here! You on the DinoToyForum?

Koifish

Yes I am/was! I don't remember what my username was (it's been a while  :P ), but I had last posted in the classifieds looking for the Mojo Thylacine (I did eventually find one, though).

Edit: My username over there is apparently Bebo.
Bluestem Zoo | Collector of mainly late Pleistocene-Holocene animal figures | Come visit my zoo! | THIS HOBBY NEEDS MORE RECENTLY-EXTINCT SPECIES!!