News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Any figures that have grown on you?

Started by JimoAi, March 03, 2021, 05:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimoAi

For me, it's the Papo Manta ray. I had one since September 2016 and it took me up to February 2021 to get really used to it IMG_20210221_220729.jpg

sirenia

The AAA Anglerfish I just reviewed. I was not that keen on it when I got it a few years ago, but playing around with it to do the deep sea shots for the review increased my perception for it.

Arctinus

The Collecta fennec fox. It was the first one I got because the Papo one was to be retired that year (or even the previous year) and the only ones available were from the US (with really high shipping to Europe). But I then ordered the Papo one anyway because I liked it more in online photos. When I got both figures, though, I realised I much more preferred the Collecta fennec fox.  ^-^
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

~Anatole France

Loon

For me, it would have to be the Komodo Dragon  from Mojö. I think, sort of like crocodilians, I have an unreasonable idea of what a Dragon figure should look like, and for a long time, none of the mass market figures fit the bill. CollectA's was the only one I ever bothered to buy, but that one was far too stumpy and that dog-like pose was really off. For a while, I ranked Mojö's among the worst, as I thought the colors were just horrendous. But, I recently stumbled across photos of the "refresh" that has a far nicer looking paint job. One's now on its way to me, and I really hope that I get that later variant.