News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA 2022 Hopes and Dreams

Started by suspsy, March 01, 2021, 02:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Here's my dream team.

North America

Puma

Alligator Snapping Turtle

South America

Spectacled Bear

Bald Uakari

Europe

Wolverine

Ibex

Africa

Mandrill

Brown Hyena

Asia

Asian Elephant Bull (the old version really needs to go!)

Philippine Eagle

Australia

Saltwater Crocodile

Echidna

Sealife

Southern Elephant Seal

Southern Stingray

Colossal Squid

Insects

Hercules Beetle

Giant Weta

callmejoe3

For me, a lesser-shown baleen whale like the fin whale, Omura's, sei, Bryde's, or ideally the pygmy right whale. You already mentioned the colossal squid. A sleeper shark would be nice. Maybe an icthyosaur like Shonisaurus popularis (with updated dentition).

JimoAi

I would like to see collectA update their hammerhead, Orca and Manta ray

Arctinus

Hmm, this is a difficult one, since the list of species I'd like them to make is very looong.  ;D

But I would like to see them make a an olm (proteus), edible and/or hazel dormouse, golden eagle, harpy eagle, and any type of python.

I would also like to see a revamp of the elephants (with the right proportions and detailed skin texture) and the orca (we really need an accurate orca  ::) ).
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

~Anatole France

callmejoe3

@JimoAi @Arctinus

It may seem likely that CollectA could update their orca as they updated their 2009 sperm whale in 2018, which was released after the orca.

Arctinus

Quote from: callmejoe3 on March 01, 2021, 12:27:45 PM
@JimoAi @Arctinus

It may seem likely that CollectA could update their orca as they updated their 2009 sperm whale in 2018, which was released after the orca.

I sure hope so because I really like their sperm whale.  :D

~Anatole France

JimoAi

I hope in the future, collectA at least upscaled those large whales released in 2018 and the bowhead

Arctinus

Quote from: JimoAi on March 01, 2021, 12:39:02 PM
I hope in the future, collectA at least upscaled those large whales released in 2018 and the bowhead

That would be great, too.  ^-^ They're great now, if you short on space, but I wouldn't mind them being much larger.

~Anatole France

JimoAi

Here's mine
Updated Orca PCB-Contamination-in-Killer-Whale-Orcas-1200x675.jpg
Smooth hammerhead 35051798610_5a36e15559_b.jpg
Great hammerhead Great_hammerhead2.jpg
Giant oceanic manta ray Manta_birostris-Thailand4.jpg
Smooth stingray Dasyatis-brevicaudata-02.jpg
Spotted eagle ray spotted-eagle-ray-3.jpg

Gwangi

Really I don't care about who makes what, I would take any of these from CollectA, Safari, Schleich, Mojo, Papo etc. As long as they're well executed, I'm happy.

Since ungulates are a strong point for CollectA I would love it if they made a sika deer. These are an introduced species where I live and I absolutely love them.

I gotta have a shark and since CollectA has delivered a beautiful basking shark I would like them to tackle the Greenland next.

A porbeagle would be nice too, and given its abundance in Europe would be a no-brainer.

Give me a zebra bullhead too.

Going with European animals again, how about a slow worm?

How about an amphibian too? The alpine newt would be my choice.

I like bony fish too, lets get a grayling. I'll take the European species but would be happier with an Arctic grayling.

Wouldn't want to forget birds. I'm gonna go with the Australian splendid fairy wren.

And a tufted puffin.

Wouldn't want to forget the invertebrates.

Long-armed squid

Eastern velvet ant

Wheel bug

One mammal isn't enough so lets get a muskrat too. We have a lot of elephants already, but no muskrats.

And how about a pine marten? European or American. This is an American.

And now, I'm done.

WAIT! Not done yet. Need a marine mammal too. Going to go with the Dall's porpoise.

Now I'm done, promise.

JimoAi

I want a coral reef fish box with a clownfish, blue tang, Moorish idol, Longspine Porcupinefish, yellow tang, royal gramma, 3 stripe damselfish, harlequin tuskfish, zebra moray, regal angelfish, coral grouper and a long nose butterflyfish . Knowing collectA the little 'Spongebob' boxfish will be miniaturized and added if they made one

sirenia

TheAnimalStudyGuy

For 2022, I would like to see from CollectA:

Wild Life
Banteng Bull, Cow and Calf,
African pygmy falcon
African forest elephant
White-bearded wildebeest
Javan rhino
African dwarf clawed frog

Farm
Pygmy Goat Kid & Nanny
Japanese Silky Chicken
Dwarf horse
Mediterranean water buffalo

Prehistoric
Bison latifrons
Nothosaurus
Megalania

Hopefully they'll probably listen this time to bring more wild cattle...

Loon

I'm loving a lot of these suggestions. Among my favorites are the alligator snapping turtle, Greenland shark, updated Orca, and the upscale whales.

I especially like the idea of an African Forest Elephant. While none of the current elephant figures from any company are perfect, I think the African Bush Elephant is way overdone and would love to see these guys get a nice figure.

As for figures that haven't been mentioned, here's my list.

Extant:

• A giant Salamander of any kind (Chinese, Japanese, or Hellbender)
  • Hoatzin
  • Kakapo
  • Great Hornbill

Extant:

• Megatherium (maybe a bald one?)
  • Parasaurolophus cyrtocristatus

Koifish

My wish-list is quite extensive, but I have listed here the species that I can really see Collecta knocking out of the ball park.

Extant:
African forest buffalo
White lipped peccary
Roan antelope
Florida key deer
Florida panther
Caracal
Binturong
Kinkajou
Coati mundi
Patagonian mara
Hoffman's two-toed sloth
Alpine ibex
African forest elephant (I saw someone else mention this one as well, I agree).
American elk/"wapiti"
Pronghorn antelope
Crested porcupine
Prehensile-tailed porcupine

Extinct:
Aurochs
Bluebuck
Bubal hartebeest
Red gazelle
Quagga
Titanoboa
Shasta ground sloth
Miohippus
Moa
Elephant bird
Bison latrifons
Steller's Sea Cow
Hawaiian Monk seal
Atlas bear
Short-faced bear
Pyrenean ibex
Dodo
Eurasian tarpan
American lion
American cheetah
Livyatan

Petty wants:
- Male thylacine (with the jaw closed; they have a unique head physiology that is often overlooked by emphasizing their wide gape in models).
- Smilodon with jaws closed
Bluestem Zoo | Collector of mainly late Pleistocene-Holocene animal figures | Come visit my zoo! | THIS HOBBY NEEDS MORE RECENTLY-EXTINCT SPECIES!!