News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

STS Forum

Started by AnimalToyForum, January 17, 2013, 04:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

Please be aware that our friends over at the Schleichtiersammler forum have changed their site name to 'STS Forum'. The site address has also changed to http://sts-forum.forumieren.de/ so make sure you update your bookmarks  8)

sbell

But have they limited the number of emoticons allowed per post ;D?

I kid because I love...

postsaurischian

Hm ... STS Forum cancelled my account there, they don't want me as a member.
Now I can't watch the pictures anymore :(.

Bye-bye, it was nice knowing you.

Well, that's how it should be ...... one more reason why it's really good that we have this new forum here :).

tyrantqueen

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 02, 2013, 01:11:40 PM

Well, that's how it should be ...... one more reason why it's really good that we have this new forum here :).
I know this is none of business...but did they give a reason as to why they terminated your account? I have an account on STS too, I have to say the people there are probably the nicest I've ever met on an internet forum. It seems strange they would delete an account for no reason. Did you try emailing the staff and asking why this happened?

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

brontodocus

Oh, sorry to see that... :-\ Is it really cancelled or is it just (temporarily) inaccessible because of technical problems?

skysthelimit

I just doubt that someone there deleted your account, if you've been inactive it must have been the system...

postsaurischian

I only got an e-mail saying that my account was cancelled, no reason was mentioned, but yes, I guess it must be inactivity.
I don't want to be active on a lot of webpages. Some of them I just like to watch and observe.

.... Oops, while I was writing this I got a personal e-mail from an STS moderator saying sorry and that it was a mistake and If I want, they can open a new registry to me :).

I personally do not understand this 'picture hiding thing'. I mean ... there isn't any forbidden stuff or anything that's liable to corrupt the young :).

sauroid

it would be nice to have you back in STS again Helge. i hope you'd reconsider.

sbell

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 03, 2013, 09:04:09 AM
I only got an e-mail saying that my account was cancelled, no reason was mentioned, but yes, I guess it must be inactivity.
I don't want to be active on a lot of webpages. Some of them I just like to watch and observe.

.... Oops, while I was writing this I got a personal e-mail from an STS moderator saying sorry and that it was a mistake and If I want, they can open a new registry to me :).

I personally do not understand this 'picture hiding thing'. I mean ... there isn't any forbidden stuff or anything that's liable to corrupt the young :).

It's just to drive membership--that's the only reason I joined (and if I haven't been removed for inactivity, then there's no way that was your issue!).

Ana

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 02, 2013, 01:11:40 PM

Oh, please, contact the administrator, that had to be mistake!!! It sounds almost impossible to me. I'm 100% sure it's mistake, and everybody welcome You on STS, really. If You need I will write to moderators for You.

Oh, You got message already, good. You are very welcome on STS Helge. :D

The picture thing is in my opinion to protect members, maybe they don't want non collectors to see their faces and collections. It's to protect privacy (Ok, in internet anyway it's hard to do, but it's small thing that may help).

postsaurischian

Thanks all for your sympathy :-[!

Roger from STS contacted me and yes, he's a very nice guy and the problem got solved :).

Ana

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 04, 2013, 10:40:38 AM
Thanks all for your sympathy :-[!

Roger from STS contacted me and yes, he's a very nice guy and the problem got solved :).

Good to hear that :D And yes, Roger is good Crocodile guy :D ;)

brontodocus

Ah, good to see everything turned out fine in the end! :) While I always found it a little problematic that photos are only accessible when you log in I do understand that it is to protect privacy and copyright of the member who posted (I recently experienced the unpermitted usage of my photos in the listings of two different ebay members >:( ) so it may make sense. But still I prefer not to have to log in to read most topics.