News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

A Hello and a Question about Scale

Started by Dinoxels, January 06, 2021, 11:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinoxels

Hello! I have a question about collecting modern day animal figures, as I want to get more into collecting them.
What is a good scale (ie. 1:20th, 1:40th, etc) to start collecting modern day animal figures?

JimoAi

Quote from: Dinoxels on January 06, 2021, 11:34:04 AM
Hello! I have a question about collecting modern day animal figures, as I want to get more into collecting them.
What is a good scale (ie. 1:20th, 1:40th, etc) to start collecting modern day animal figures?
.my scale is Abit off for example, animals 160cm to 240cm will be in 160 scale and animals 400cm to 435cm will be in :25 scale but animals 7 metres and above will be in 1:35 scale (for example, I'm using my Papo whale shark (25cm) if measured with a flexible ruler along the curve as an average size individual of 875cm.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Dinoxels on January 06, 2021, 11:34:04 AM

A lot could determine how much space you have. 1:24 and 1:32 are popular, as is 1:40. 1:24 seems to give a bit more variety, from a casual observation.

Some figures, like the old Britains, are mostly 1:32 (more vintage stuff is). But Noah's Pals are 1:24. The larger the figures, the more chances you have for variety.

Me personally, I am not into scale, but I want my (non-arthropod) figures to be within a 'decent comparison' with their relatives. For example, my rodents are not in scale with my elephants, but I don't want one rodent ten times larger than the others.

Dinoxels

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 06, 2021, 01:35:15 PM
1:24 seems to give a bit more variety, from a casual observation.
Thank you! Is there an easy way to check which figures are in this scale?

sirenia

Welcome to the forum! Certain lines will advertise their lines, like Noah's Pals, but some you may have to work out, as bigger companies don't often list it.