Author Topic: A Hello and a Question about Scale  (Read 267 times)

Dinoxels

• View Profile
A Hello and a Question about Scale
« on: January 06, 2021, 11:34:04 AM »
Hello! I have a question about collecting modern day animal figures, as I want to get more into collecting them.
What is a good scale (ie. 1:20th, 1:40th, etc) to start collecting modern day animal figures?

JimoAi

• View Profile
  • Animal: Reef Manta ray
Re: A Hello and a Question about Scale
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 01:30:58 PM »
Hello! I have a question about collecting modern day animal figures, as I want to get more into collecting them.
What is a good scale (ie. 1:20th, 1:40th, etc) to start collecting modern day animal figures?
.my scale is Abit off for example, animals 160cm to 240cm will be in 160 scale and animals 400cm to 435cm will be in :25 scale but animals 7 metres and above will be in 1:35 scale (for example, I'm using my Papo whale shark (25cm) if measured with a flexible ruler along the curve as an average size individual of 875cm.

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 01:35:15 PM »

A lot could determine how much space you have. 1:24 and 1:32 are popular, as is 1:40. 1:24 seems to give a bit more variety, from a casual observation.

Some figures, like the old Britains, are mostly 1:32 (more vintage stuff is). But Noah's Pals are 1:24. The larger the figures, the more chances you have for variety.

Me personally, I am not into scale, but I want my (non-arthropod) figures to be within a 'decent comparison' with their relatives. For example, my rodents are not in scale with my elephants, but I don't want one rodent ten times larger than the others.

Dinoxels

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 08:01:30 PM »
1:24 seems to give a bit more variety, from a casual observation.
Thank you! Is there an easy way to check which figures are in this scale?

sirenia

• Reviewer
  • Born to be mild!
    • View Profile
  • Animal: Wolf
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 03:19:23 PM »
Welcome to the forum! Certain lines will advertise their lines, like Noah's Pals, but some you may have to work out, as bigger companies don't often list it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal