News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

ToyAnimal.Info corrections

Started by Birdsage, January 03, 2021, 09:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birdsage

This is a post for correcting misidentifications of figures on ToyAnimal.info.

The Playmobil "Glaucous Gull" figures are too generic to be identified. Put them in "Unidentified gulls".

The morphology of the K&M River Tube Turtle doesn't match a map turtle. Put it in a new entry called "Western pond turtle".

The Yowie Series 5 Darter is, from what I can tell, is an Australasian Darter, not an Anhinga (American Darter). Put it in a new entry called "Australasian darter".

callmejoe3

The Safari 205629 Pilot whale is not a long-finned Pilot. The fin length to body length ratio falls within the range for both species and the shape of the flippers lack the sharp arch that is present on long-finned pilot whales. The most concerning character is the number of teeth. Long-finned pilot whales have 16-26 teeth while short-finned pilot whales have 14-18 teeth. The Safari figure has, at most, 14 discernible teeth sculpted within its mouth. Therefore, the figure, while technically ambiguous at the species-level, aligns closer to the distinguishing characteristics of the shorth-finned pilot whale, along with the CollectA figure.

sbell

Are you taking about the Toy Animal Wiki?

That is run by folks at the STS forum, a different animal toy forum https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/

They have a whole thread dedicated to corrections there. I don't know for sure, but I don't think anyone on this forum has access to make corrections on the TAI (although there are many crossover members of course)

Advicot

Don't I take long uploading photos!

JimoAi

Not sure but the schleich 2020 hammerhead shark looks like a great hammerhead to me

bmathison1972

In general, be careful with IDs on TAI. Many of them are community-based. It is a great Guide to start with, but you should always verify IDs by other means, if possible, at least for those not marketed by the company at the species level.

Advicot

JimoAi I think it's more like a smooth hammerhead
Don't I take long uploading photos!

Birdsage

Any editors of the wiki may discuss changing the species.

JimoAi

The 3016 schleich octopus looks more like a giant pacific than a common octopud

JimoAi

The safari ltd salmon life cycle is based off Sockeye salmon