News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

What do you do with figures you don't display?

Started by JimoAi, December 22, 2020, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimoAi

As a synoptic collector, the figures I seem unworthy are put in storage or given to children in need

bmathison1972

Most of mine are on display. My DeAgostini beetles are boxed away because I currently don't have space for them.

For the animals in my Synoptic Collection I do not want (things that are replaced, or extras in sets/lots), they are going to be donated to a charity for children in need, yes

callmejoe3

I describe my collecting habits as being more archivist rather than synoptic. I hold on to more vintage and less accurate figures I own. I keep them in other storage around the home. However, I should probably consider either selling some of them or sending them to charity.

AnimalToyForum

In boxes. :( When I had limited space I used to rotate my displays. Now I have the space I should be able to put everything on display...eventually.

Gwangi

I don't like having figures that have to be stored away, it defeats the purpose of having them in the first place, for me at least. But there are situations where it's necessary. I moved 3 years ago and still haven't unpacked my movie figures collection because I simply just don't a shelf for them. Others I have packed away just because my current shelves got too crowded, but will come back out if/when I get a new shelf. If I truly don't want it any more than I re-home it or my daughter gets it.

Advicot

I have figures in storage that don't really go with my normal collection as these figures are usually much larger than Schleich, Papo etc
Don't I take long uploading photos!

Lanthanotus

I have a display cabinet in our living room and intend to display a selection of figures in the cellar, some are on my desk. Those not displayed
are stowed away in cardboard boxes, figures being wrapped in plastic bags. I frequently change the display, so sooner or later any figure finds
a display spot, some for longer, some shorter periods. But I like to part from certain figures for a time to appreciate them more.

bmathison1972

This is as good as place as any to showcase something I have done over the last year. Over the last few years I have donated the bulk of my REAL insect collection to various museums, keeping only a semi-synoptic collected needed for my work. I decided to use the empty Cornell drawers to store my insect figures that were not dynamic or on bases that otherwise elevates them. This is only for insects and again, only for standard figures or those not on habitat/elevated bases (except for simple ones that allow the insect to be displayed somewhat flat).

Isidro

The figures that I don't include in my collection are waiting for @Advicot to write me for sending them to him. The wait is being long :P

Advicot

Same for my Japanese figures, but not long Isidro, not long  :)
Don't I take long uploading photos!