Author Topic: Animal figures you consider your ''White Whale?''  (Read 1022 times)

Advicot

• Life finds a Way!
    • View Profile
  • Animal: Eastern Star-nosed mole
Re: Animal figures you consider your ''White Whale?''
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2021, 01:18:38 PM »
My white whales would probably be any of the PV primates  :)
Don't I take long uploading photos!

Isidro

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2021, 06:15:22 PM »
Are they difficult to get, Adam? I ask because I would like the PV slow loris...

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2021, 06:19:15 PM »
Are they difficult to get, Adam? I ask because I would like the PV slow loris...

Did PV make a slow loris?

The PV Lemur (=prosimian) collection, and the figures contained therein, is among the rarest animal figures ever! I just won a lot on eBay that includes the potto (!!!!) and at least one lemur.  But generally they are very hard to find.

Loon

• On a Sperm Whale kick
    • View Profile
  • Animal: Humpback Whale
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2021, 06:20:13 AM »
I suppose this is a super basic answer, but I'm still restively new to collecting modern animals, so, my "white whale" would be Kaiyodo's Mega Sofubi Advance Blue Whale. Though, I technically have procured one thanks to @brettnj; I just don't have it yet.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 06:20:26 AM by Loon »

callmejoe3

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2021, 07:16:42 AM »
I suppose this is a super basic answer, but I'm still restively new to collecting modern animals, so, my "white whale" would be Kaiyodo's Mega Sofubi Advance Blue Whale. Though, I technically have procured one thanks to @brettnj; I just don't have it yet.

Congrats.

Loon

• On a Sperm Whale kick
    • View Profile
  • Animal: Humpback Whale
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2021, 07:32:05 AM »

Congrats.

Thanks, I'm super excited.

Advicot

• Life finds a Way!
    • View Profile
  • Animal: Eastern Star-nosed mole
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2021, 10:56:07 AM »
I don't think a slow loris was released by PV but Isidro, you may be getting confused with the Eikoh one?
Don't I take long uploading photos!

Isidro

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2021, 06:58:51 PM »

Did PV make a slow loris?

The PV Lemur (=prosimian) collection, and the figures contained therein, is among the rarest animal figures ever! I just won a lot on eBay that includes the potto (!!!!) and at least one lemur.  But generally they are very hard to find.

Sorry! I mistook with the Eikoh one!!! :(

Sable Antelope

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2021, 06:57:37 AM »
The wire haired pointer from Schelich. I was delighted to find one years ago at a favorite toy shop but didn’t have the money at the time due to a massive tuition payment. I vowed to return to buy it along with a Great Dane and Doberman. I was upset to find them all sold when I returned, after presumably sitting unsold in the cabinet for years if not decades! I later found one for sale on eBay only for it to be sold before I could place an offer (I literally went to shower and when logged back in saw it sold!) After a massive internet source I found one but the seller didn’t ship to my country! I consider it my “white whale” as just when I think I got a hold of one it gets away and it’s driving me mad like a Captain Ahab😆!

Asides from the pointer and the other two dogs I mentioned I am on the look out for the Bullyland malamute, the Safari Incredible Creatures green tree monitor and any of the Colorata figures especially the thylacine, flying lemur, aye aye, orangutan and platypus. However I think all focus on one “white whale” for now! I used to consider the Papo ocelot a grail too but I wasn’t impressed with the paint job on walk arounds and found a figure made by a private artist I like far better. Also Colorata has one.

callmejoe3

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2021, 09:06:28 PM »
What luck! The Kaiyodo Sperm whale model kit is actually on eBay, but it's selling for over $1000! Glad I went with the nautical sculpture.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 09:06:58 PM by callmejoe3 »

sirenia

• Reviewer
  • Born to be mild!
    • View Profile
  • Animal: Wolf
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2021, 10:41:00 PM »
Mine is most the Noah's Pals figures. Started, on a slippery slope, and they are hard to find.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal