California Condor (Safari Ltd. - Wings of the World)

Started by brontodocus, January 16, 2013, 09:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

Walk-around of the Safari Ltd. Wings of the World California Condor, Gymnogyps californianus (Shaw, 1797). Length is 57 mm, wing span 148 mm, scale approx. 1:17 - 1:23 (but probably not over 1:20.5 based on wing span). Human figures are approx. 1:20 and 1:22.5 scale, respectively.
Here is the link to the figure at Safari Ltd.: http://safariltd.shptron.com/p/wings-of-the-world-birds-california-condor

Edit 2017-02-07: Fixed broken image urls.

Jetoar

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

I always thought this figure looked interesting but I could never judge whether I liked it or not because the catalogue photos weren't detailed enough :) Your photos helped remedy that ;)
Vultures and condors are awesome as well :)

They came flying from far away, now I'm under their spell....

brontodocus

Thanks, Jetoar & Tyrantqueen! :) Well, the downside is of course that the figure would really need a proper base. Just like those pterosaur figures.

Jetoar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 16, 2013, 11:43:22 PM
I always thought this figure looked interesting but I could never judge whether I liked it or not because the catalogue photos weren't detailed enough :) Your photos helped remedy that ;)
Vultures and condors are awesome as well :)

I think the same that you friend. Condors and vultures are amazing birds. I remember the first time that I saw a griffon vulture  ^-^
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Varanus

Amazing figure and review!  I'll definetely be getting this one. :)

brontodocus

Quote from: Varanus on January 17, 2013, 06:18:56 AM
Amazing figure and review!  I'll definetely be getting this one. :)
Thanks, Varanus! :) Although I have to say, I like the Kaiyodo Red Data Animals version a little more... but that one's of course harder to get. :-\

brontodocus

Walk-around photo urls of WoW California Condor fixed. :)

Isidro

I need this condor! Looks like is retired from every online shop :-(

Animalibus

I want this figure too! I don´t understand way Safari Ltda went offline so fast compared to other products. I suggest here that Safari Ltda glimpse this beautiful figure.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Animalibus on October 15, 2019, 03:29:44 PM
I want this figure too! I don´t understand way Safari Ltda went offline so fast compared to other products. I suggest here that Safari Ltda glimpse this beautiful figure.

For some reason, birds retire quickly with Safari. This shows up on the US eBay not infrequently.