News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Seeking Swim Ways Rainbow Reef swimming pool fish, willing to pay high

Started by stargatedalek, November 05, 2020, 07:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

For a very long time now I've been searching for the Rainbow Reef fish I've been missing. These are animatronic/robotic fish that move their tail to propel themselves around in a pool. I don't care if they're working or not, only if they in nice condition aesthetically.

Especially looking for a lionfish, pufferfish, hatchetfish, dolphin, koi and anglerfish. There is also a zebra shark from a line I do not remember the name of, but it was designed to be thrown underwater, not powered.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Friesian on November 07, 2020, 08:12:30 PM
I found this new Koi fish on eBay. Not sure if it is the exact one you are looking for though...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-Dead-Stock-Swim-Ways-Rainbow-Reef-Koi-13-Battery-operated-Swimming-Action/353258601027?hash=item523fda7a43:g:W~sAAOSwwVZfnjSG
That's it alright, I guess it wasn't showing up in my searches because it doesn't ship here, oof.

Thanks anyway though!

bmathison1972

You should inquire. It says only US, but Canada isn't listed in their 'excluded' list

NSD Bashe

I don't know if you're still looking for it or not, but I think this might be the hatchetfish you're looking for?  Though it's listed as a "fang tooth or piranha" but I think it's meant to be a hatchetfish...  https://www.ebay.com/itm/154762391429?hash=item24088eaf85:g:tOcAAOSwEV5hw6P7

stargatedalek

stargatedalek

Spotted that in my feed today! It's pretty cool, but unfortunately not great timing on my end.

NSD Bashe

stargatedalek

I wouldn't have thought so, but that's the only one I've actually seen come up for sale in the... ~ten years of (admittedly very casual) searching. It seems to be uncommon as it released around the end of the line.

NSD Bashe

well it may come up again, it might just be a matter of happening to spot it at the right time.  And if I happen to see that one again I can just use the pm to let you know  ;)