News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Looking for a Small sperm whale carving

Started by stan38, October 10, 2020, 09:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stan38

I have been searching for this small carving for several years. It was posted on ebay and i missed bidding on it. I would like to know if anyone has something like it or knows where I can get one made. Picture attached

whalecharm4views.jpg  Whale  006.JPG  Whale  004.JPG

Lanthanotus

When I read the title I was expecting a wooden carving. I made one myself two years ago for my son as a toy (together with a gaint squid), but your`s seems to be made from soap stone or onyx and very tiny. Sorry, can`t help on that whale, but I found a lot of stores of several businesses sell onyx carved animals (and dinosaurs), like cobblers, decoraters, trinket shops, leather goods etc., but unfortunately I cannot recall this specific figures. Will keep my eyes open on my next visits to such shops.

stan38

Thanks. I think they were made from whale bone, ivory or tagua nut. But not sure thanks for the  reply. The original purchase was in New Bedford Mas. an Old whaling port.