News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Ikimon/Kitan Club - New for 2021

Started by bmathison1972, October 07, 2020, 02:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Looks like Ikimon is re-releasing the Kitan Club seahorse collection. There are only two species here, the great seahorse (Hippocampus kellogii) and the leafy seadragon (Phycodurus eques). Due January 2021.

Beetle guy

Seems like they stoped bringing out new top quality animal figurines, They have released no new design of animal figurine for so long now. And the series they re-release do not include the finest sets.
To beetle or not to beetle.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Beetle guy on October 09, 2020, 06:31:57 PM
Seems like they stoped bringing out new top quality animal figurines, They have released no new design of animal figurine for so long now. And the series they re-release do not include the finest sets.

They have totally new sets of Chinese and Australian animals coming out soon!

Beetle guy

Quote from: bmathison1972 on October 09, 2020, 07:47:06 PM
They have totally new sets of Chinese and Australian animals coming out soon!

Lets hope, I have seen many designs and samples during the last years like Pitcher plants (7 years ago), North American animals (6 years ago), chinese and the Australian ones (last year), also a new magnetic mushroom set which looked really nice. None of these has seen the light of day yet.

I mostly see gadget like stuff that has nothing to do with nature in their Twitter feed for a year now.
To beetle or not to beetle.

bmathison1972

Due in April. NTC Micro Series (a new series - not sure what 'Micro' means; maybe the figures are extra small?)

Isidro

Magnific! If the figures are the size I think they are, I will pursue the racoon dog - none of the racoon dogs in the market currently convinced me very much, as they either are not very fine or have seams), the Siberian weasel (exciting new species for figure world???) and the copper pheasant!

Isidro

Oh... no! Yes, the "Micro" for sure must mean that. Look at the measurements given to the deer in the image! Just 3 cm! They're Good Luck Minis-sized!!!!! But judging by the image, they get a quality almost impossible to imagine in figures of that size 0_0

bmathison1972

Kitan Club kingfishers, just released. Species are as follows:

1. common kingfisher, Alcedo atthis
2. ruddy kingfisher, Halcyon coromanda
3. white-throated kingfisher, Halcyon smyrnensis
4. collared kingfisher, Todiramphus chloris
5. Javan kingfisher, Halcyon cyanoventris
6. blue-breasted kingfisher, Halcyon malimbica

JimoAi

bmathison1972

I have translated the names in the first post with the kingfishers

@stemturtle - this one is for you :)

JimoAi

What happened to the rereleased sea horse set photos

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on March 04, 2021, 03:30:07 PM
What happened to the rereleased sea horse set photos

I used Postimages for those, and the site is temporarily down.

Isidro

Nice kingfishers, and probably all of them except the Eurasian and the ruddy (and maybe the collared?) are probably new into figurine form. Tough is a shame that they're a bit fantasized instead realistic, and that all of them have the same sculpt, as Halcyon have much more massive bills than the only other genus in the set, Alcedo.
They're designed for bounce in a flat surface and you can rotate its head. These kind of interactive figures in sets is something very Japanese.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Isidro on March 04, 2021, 10:13:11 PM
Nice kingfishers, and probably all of them except the Eurasian and the ruddy (and maybe the collared?) are probably new into figurine form. Tough is a shame that they're a bit fantasized instead realistic, and that all of them have the same sculpt, as Halcyon have much more massive bills than the only other genus in the set, Alcedo.
They're designed for bounce in a flat surface and you can rotate its head. These kind of interactive figures in sets is something very Japanese.

I am still planning on getting those last four (3-6)

bmathison1972

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 30, 2021, 02:02:56 PM
Due in July; adding them here:

@JimoAi @sbell
Perhaps a review? I'm over the moon, more so when compared to the Diamond Ray being revealed back in my birthday. Am surprised that out of all the new rays this year, non are Mantas, Sawfish or Bowmouth guitarfish.

bmathison1972

I am torn on these rays; some interesting species but the lack of tails bothers me

JimoAi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 30, 2021, 02:20:43 PM
I am torn on these rays; some interesting species but the lack of tails bothers me
They do have tails, though are quite short. I'm more bothered about the 2 eagle rays potentially not having dorsal fins

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 30, 2021, 02:20:43 PM

Same. But I'll get them just because they're unique

bmathison1972

what's the brown thing in the lower right? That is most intriguing for me!