News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2021

Started by bmathison1972, October 06, 2020, 12:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Wild Safari Wildlife

Maned wolf:

Melanistic leopard:

Common/plains zebra:

Dinosaurs

Daspletosaurus:

Baryonyx:

Spinosaurus:

Augmented Reality T. rex (adult):

Augmented Reality T. rex (juvenile):

TOOBs

Amazon/South America TOOB:

harpy eagle; capybara; sloth; caiman; arapaima; river dolphin; anteater; jaguar

Good Luck Minis

Komodo Dragon:

stargatedalek

Sadly Toob 1 is likely mythical or not animals at all, given the description is "related to the elements". TOOB 2 says the animals are from the same region, so South America indeed seems like a solid guess. That's definitely a giant anteater, and even if some of the others could be other things, they aren't all from the same area.

bmathison1972

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 06, 2020, 03:41:27 AM
Sadly Toob 1 is likely mythical or not animals at all, given the description is "related to the elements". TOOB 2 says the animals are from the same region, so South America indeed seems like a solid guess. That's definitely a giant anteater, and even if some of the others could be other things, they aren't all from the same area.

Crap. Well, if that's the case, I'll remove it when it is fully revealed.

Loon

Might be interested in the Plains Zebra and the South America TOOB. I hope this isn't all that's revealed.

Stuckasaurus

Assuming that's a capybara in there, I would definitely buy that Toob almost exclusively for that figure! What's the super long one? Is that the one you guessed was a caiman?

Advicot

The first TOOB is a fantasy one, due to it having a smaller sized model of this figure: https://store.safariltd.com/products/dragon-happy-dragon-figurines-10138
Don't I take long uploading photos!

bmathison1972

Quote from: Advicot on October 28, 2020, 09:48:00 AM
The first TOOB is a fantasy one, due to it having a smaller sized model of this figure: https://store.safariltd.com/products/dragon-happy-dragon-figurines-10138

I am aware of that. It will be deleted next time images are edited.

Advicot

Don't I take long uploading photos!

suspsy

I suspect that this is it for Safari's 2021 assortment, which is disappointing. But given how unspeakably horrible this year has been, one cannot fault them. They're undoubtedly doing their best to keep afloat.

bmathison1972

Safari has updated their sites. The pics are a little more revealing, but not enough for me to update the first post yet. Looks like the leopard will be black form, which is good (I might get it then!). Stay tuned, I'll update the first pic when images of the ENTIRE figure are revealed. Please feel free to post teasers within the thread, if you choose

Arctinus

I already ordered the Collecta common zebra to replace the Schleich one, but will wait for the other two figures to see which maned wolf to get and whether to replace my Papo black leopard.  :D
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

~Anatole France

bmathison1972

Quote from: Arctinus on November 02, 2020, 11:15:00 PM
I already ordered the Collecta common zebra to replace the Schleich one, but will wait for the other two figures to see which maned wolf to get and whether to replace my Papo black leopard.  :D

I really like the CollectA black leopard, BUT it is the same sculpt as my CollectA spotted leopard, so if I want a black variant, I would consider the Safari one.

I doubt I'll replace my CollectA common zebra.

I have the CollectA maned wolf; I doubt I'll replace it with this one.

So far, looks like the only think I'll be getting is the Baryonyx (assuming that is correct), maybe the black leopard, and maybe something from the South American TOOB if it's a new species at an acceptable size.

Arctinus

The same reason I didn't buy the Collecta black leopard.  :P Not really a fan of identical sculpts in different colours.

I was also planning on getting the Collecta maned wolf, but since I'm not sure I'll get it this year (there's just so many figures I can buy per month), I'll just wait for Safari to unveil theirs in the meantime.  :D

And I guess these are the only ones we'll be getting this year?

Also, I don't collect TOOBs, but I'm really curious about what the animals will be, apart from the more obvious ones.  :D

~Anatole France

Arctinus

A little teaser for the black leopard.  :D

~Anatole France

sirenia

Looking forward to the reveals. From that picture, maybe got a Puma or Jaguar coming up.

bmathison1972

Quote from: sirenia on November 10, 2020, 07:24:15 PM
Looking forward to the reveals. From that picture, maybe got a Puma or Jaguar coming up.

the Safari website has (had) the Latin name; it should be a leopard.

sirenia

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 10, 2020, 08:15:11 PM
Quote from: sirenia on November 10, 2020, 07:24:15 PM

the Safari website has (had) the Latin name; it should be a leopard.

Fair enough.

bmathison1972

Safari should be releasing the full reveals tomorrow. It looks like three are already up, so I have updated the first thread: Komodo dragon GLM and two AR dinosaurs.

If the remaining images are posted tomorrow, I may not be able to edit the first post until later in the day (my time), so bear with me.

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Here's my take so far:

1. Maned wolf. A wonderful figure but I don't see a need to replace my CollectA version
2. Melanistic leopard. I already indicated I'll get this one. I'll have it represent the Asian subspecies, since the black morphs are more common in Southeast Asia.
3. Plains zebra. No way this would replace the CollectA version I have. This figure is somewhat of a let-down (but I can't put my finger on why...); zebras have never been Safari's strong point.
4. Daspletosaurus. Better than the CollectA one, but I'll pass for now...maybe
5. Baryonyx. This is a must-have for me. Bary has been one of my favorite dinosaurs since my youth. So glad Safari finally updated theirs.
6. Spinosaurus. I know TECHNICALLY this is a more up-to-date version, but I am sticking with my 2019 Safari version. Besides, in a few months, this theory will probably be debunked...lol
7. Augmented dinos - no interest
8. South American TOOB. Fantastic. Safari is slowly releasing TOOBs with much improved figures: Whales, Dolphins, Pelagic Fish, Primates, Great Lakes, South Africa, and now this one! Nothing for me, as the species are all too small for what they represent, but still a very nice effort.