News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Best Napoleon Wrasse figure

Started by JimoAi, October 05, 2020, 07:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is the best Napoleon Wrasse figure produced?

Colorata
0 (0%)
Kaiyodo polyresin
1 (16.7%)
Aquameridian
2 (33.3%)
Bandai australian animals
0 (0%)
Favorite Co
0 (0%)
Ikimon Nature techni colour
3 (50%)
Yujin
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: October 08, 2020, 07:16:42 AM

JimoAi

Would like to check your opinions on the best figure of the one of the largest ree fish around

bmathison1972

I would say Kaiyodo polyresin in the 'best' but the Colorata figure suits my collection best :)

JimoAi

What makes you choose the colorata one over the kaiyodo one? Price or material?

bmathison1972

Quote from: JimoAi on October 05, 2020, 04:28:20 PM
What makes you choose the colorata one over the kaiyodo one? Price or material?

mainly material, and probably size (although I don't know the size of the Kaiyodo figure). I only do resin figures for arthropods, for my Synoptic Collection, I go with standard plastic/PVC figures

JimoAi

Might give it a shot since my Colorata one has its fin removed and the bandai one is small

JimoAi

Any tips to make polyresin less breakable (super glue coating)?

stargatedalek

Quote from: JimoAi on October 05, 2020, 06:01:31 PM
Any tips to make polyresin less breakable (super glue coating)?
That might help with paint scuffs, maybe, but the only way to make polystone less breakable is to create a mold of it and cast it in another material. The stuff is just inherently fragile and there's no getting around that.

Isidro

I've chosen Aquameridian just because this is what was on my wishlist since years. So I've voted that.

But after, I've checked your images and I must to say that the penultimate one (I guess it corresponds to Ikimon Nature techni colour) is undoubtely the very best in paintjob and also sculpt. I would love to know the size of it for change the Aquameridian one on my wishlist by this one.