News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

No Longer Looking for the Papo Giant Anteater

Started by Loon, September 17, 2020, 03:37:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

Hi all, I'm looking for this Giant Anteater from Papo. I've already checked eBay, and the only there has incredibly high shipping. If anyone has one for sale, please, let me know.

I'm located in the US.

Update: I just bought the older safari figure, apparently this one's almost impossible to find.

bmathison1972

I can't help, but wow that is an impressive figure. I didn't know of its existence; I bought the Safari one when I built my collection.

Lanthanotus

I bought such for my son a few years ago... indeed a nice figure, though a little skinny around the belly. But it may be discontinued, none of "my" German suppliers lists it anymore. There should be a new Schleich one in `21 though.....

Loon

Quote from: Lanthanotus on September 17, 2020, 10:04:45 PM
...There should be a new Schleich one in `21 though.....

Oh, I didn't know Schleich was going to make one. I might have to check that out when it releases, but I find a lot of Schleich's recent animals a bit too cartoonish.

Also, I've actually quickly given up on this Papo figure. Apparently, it's incredibly rare, so I got the 2005 Safari figure.

bmathison1972

That's the one I have, and frankly I think it's great. Mine has a better paint job than the one currently photographed on the Toy Animal Wiki site.

Héroe de Leyenda

There is a page where you can find  that figurine retired since (2018)

https://www.many-miniatures.com/prime/cat_wild_grass.asp
also has facebook page

I have bought there shipping is about 1.50 , 3 o 4.50 depending in figure size (in the USA). Although he has many figures out stock still has some available in page or eBay. i recommended buy in the web page where shipping in combined shipping is cheaper. I hay pay 3 or 4.50 shipping for 4-5 figurines.

There are nature in science figures to that i recommend.

Arctinus

Quote from: Loon on September 17, 2020, 10:11:47 PM

Oh, I didn't know Schleich was going to make one. I might have to check that out when it releases, but I find a lot of Schleich's recent animals a bit too cartoonish.

Also, I've actually quickly given up on this Papo figure. Apparently, it's incredibly rare, so I got the 2005 Safari figure.

I also got the Safari one. I wanted the Papo one and found two or three on EBay, but they were all ridiculously expensive. Well, actually, they weren't that expensive per se at the time (the one that is for sale now is), but the shipping was because the sellers were located in Australia, if I recall correctly.  :(
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

~Anatole France

bmathison1972

The upcoming Schleich one looks 'off' to me; the neck or something looks too long or lean? Frankly I am glad I got the Safari one, it seems to be the best, in my personal opinion.

Physeter macrocephalus

Quote from: Loon on September 17, 2020, 10:11:47 PM

th
Schleich has a older one the figure has a length of glyptodon and half of the height of the same glyptodon.

Physeter macrocephalus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 21, 2020, 06:52:10 PM
The upcoming Schleich one looks 'off' to me; the neck or something looks too long or lean? Frankly I am glad I got the Safari one, it seems to be the best, in my personal opinion.
The colors are too dark and neck looks ridiculous I check 360 video maybe it looks better but the old one still better.

Advicot

I got this figure, and in my opinion it's very nice but HUGE, probably 1:12 scale
Don't I take long uploading photos!