Author Topic: Diramix - The Epic Animals  (Read 613 times)

valmont

• View Profile
  • Animal: Red panda
Diramix - The Epic Animals
« on: August 27, 2020, 09:00:01 AM »

(Maybe there is any specific forum for this topic but I haven't found it, if so move it without problem)

This week I've found in a kiosc near my vacational family house this Epic animals saga envelopes. I didn't know about it... it's strange because it is in Italian language (and I'm in Spain). If,as me, you don't know about this brand (https://www.diramix.com/) For 3 euros you obtain a blind envelope which includes two animal figures and a small magazine with some information as well as some papers with pictures of all the collection.

I bought one and I got two fishes: a barracuda and a sturgeon. Not bad, not pvc but some kind of elastic plastic... The thing I like the most is the variety of animals, including some species difficult to find. There are a lot of fishes but the most interesting animals for me are the aye-aye, a star-nosed mole, a tarsier, a galago, and a russian desman.

After that I couldn't hold out and I've bought two more envelopes, and probably I will buy more this week. For the moment I have the following figures (as you can see I have one repeted so probably I will sell it).

What do you think? Is this brand difficult to find? Would you be interested in buying anyone if I got more repeated figures?

P.D: I've seen that ToyAnimalWiki doesn't have pictures of these figurines... do you know why or how to include them?

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Diramix - The Epic Animals
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 12:08:22 PM »
It looks like there are holding spots for these on Toy Animal Info, but no pics. If you take individual pics and email them to @Roger he will happily get them on TAI.

I might be interested in extras, depending on the species.

Thanks for sharing.

Halichoeres

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 03:23:18 PM »
I started adding Diramix (and DeAgostini, which are similar) to TAI, but I found the different series, which often reuse molds with or without different paint jobs, to be too confusing. I have a few in my collection of highly unusual species, like Pituriaspis, Poraspis, and Dinichthys. As a warning, they are not very durable. The rubber tends to dry and crack in time, and I'm not sure how to prevent that.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 03:23:46 PM by Halichoeres »

stemturtle

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 03:31:25 PM »
You are lucky to find the Diramix animals @valmont. Thank you for posting.
The company does not sell directly to the public, only through a national distributor who supplies the newsstands.

BlueKrono

• "We're being hunted."
    • View Profile
  • Animal: Alligator snapping turtle
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 05:34:34 AM »
Yes, I collect some Diramix, as they have quite an extensive range of animals. I would be interested in the desman and star-nosed mole. Please keep posting what other ones you get. I currently get all mine from a seller in Spain who Iíve been buying from for years.
I like turtles.

Advicot

• Life finds a Way!
    • View Profile
  • Animal: Eastern Star-nosed mole
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 04:38:34 PM »
I need to get some of these!
Don't I take long uploading photos!

Reuben03

• View Profile
    • Music
  • Animal: A really, really fat Tegu, like seriously, wow.
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2021, 01:54:10 PM »
Didn't they make that wild anglerfish that looked like something out of science fiction?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal