News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Diramix - The Epic Animals

Started by valmont, August 27, 2020, 09:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valmont

(Maybe there is any specific forum for this topic but I haven't found it, if so move it without problem)

This week I've found in a kiosc near my vacational family house this Epic animals saga envelopes. I didn't know about it... it's strange because it is in Italian language (and I'm in Spain). If,as me, you don't know about this brand (https://www.diramix.com/) For 3 euros you obtain a blind envelope which includes two animal figures and a small magazine with some information as well as some papers with pictures of all the collection.

I bought one and I got two fishes: a barracuda and a sturgeon. Not bad, not pvc but some kind of elastic plastic... The thing I like the most is the variety of animals, including some species difficult to find. There are a lot of fishes but the most interesting animals for me are the aye-aye, a star-nosed mole, a tarsier, a galago, and a russian desman.

After that I couldn't hold out and I've bought two more envelopes, and probably I will buy more this week. For the moment I have the following figures (as you can see I have one repeted so probably I will sell it).

What do you think? Is this brand difficult to find? Would you be interested in buying anyone if I got more repeated figures?

P.D: I've seen that ToyAnimalWiki doesn't have pictures of these figurines... do you know why or how to include them?

bmathison1972

It looks like there are holding spots for these on Toy Animal Info, but no pics. If you take individual pics and email them to @Roger he will happily get them on TAI.

I might be interested in extras, depending on the species.

Thanks for sharing.

Halichoeres

I started adding Diramix (and DeAgostini, which are similar) to TAI, but I found the different series, which often reuse molds with or without different paint jobs, to be too confusing. I have a few in my collection of highly unusual species, like Pituriaspis, Poraspis, and Dinichthys. As a warning, they are not very durable. The rubber tends to dry and crack in time, and I'm not sure how to prevent that.
Where I try to find the best version of every prehistoric species: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0

stemturtle

You are lucky to find the Diramix animals @valmont. Thank you for posting.
The company does not sell directly to the public, only through a national distributor who supplies the newsstands.

BlueKrono

Yes, I collect some Diramix, as they have quite an extensive range of animals. I would be interested in the desman and star-nosed mole. Please keep posting what other ones you get. I currently get all mine from a seller in Spain who I've been buying from for years.
I like turtles.

Advicot

Don't I take long uploading photos!

Reuben03

Didn't they make that wild anglerfish that looked like something out of science fiction?