News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Newspaper Collection: Animales en Peligro de Extinción by OpenToys

Started by valmont, August 16, 2020, 11:26:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valmont

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I discovered that my regional newspaper ("La Verdad" in Murcia, Spain) has launched a collection of animals figurines (paying 3 euros extra).
I'm not sure about the quality and I don't recognize the manufacturer. What do you think?

You can have a look here: https://promociones.laverdad.es/2017/06/23/animales-en-peligro-de-extincion/   (I know that the link is of 2017 but it is the same collection)

AnimalToyForum

Translation: animals "In Danger of Extinction".

I believe the brand is called OpenToys. There is a list with some photos on the Toy Animal Wiki here: https://toyanimal.info/wiki/OpenToys

The main problem with this line for collectors is how to get your hands on them. :-\

Does your post imply that they are being re-released?

valmont

Quote from: animaltoyforum on August 16, 2020, 11:56:39 AM

I believe the brand is called OpenToys. There is a list with some photos on the Toy Animal Wiki here: https://toyanimal.info/wiki/OpenToys

The main problem with this line for collectors is how to get your hands on them. :-\

Thanks for the link!

Yes, it is being releasing. Today it's the third issue, but I've discovered after buying the newspaper

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: valmont on August 16, 2020, 12:13:53 PM
Quote from: animaltoyforum on August 16, 2020, 11:56:39 AM

Thanks for the link!

Yes, it is being releasing. Today it's the third issue, but I've discovered after buying the newspaper

Great! Sounds like a good opportunity for people who missed it the first time around. 8)

I hope you don't mind that I cwil hange the title of this thread to include the name of the line. :)

sirenia

Not bad. Orinoco crocodile attracts my attention. Might try picking some up.

sirenia

Quote from: sirenia on August 16, 2020, 05:50:39 PM
Not bad. Orinoco crocodile attracts my attention. Might try picking some up.

Come to think of it, have there been many figures of this crocodile?

Isidro

They're not bad, but also they don't have the super quality or realism that we're used to in CollectA, Safari, etc. I've seen just the lynx, a year ago or so, for sale in a local stationery. The sculpt is more simple than for the Mojo lynx, but it have the advantage of having ear tufts. Paintjob of course is better to customize.

Sirenia, I don't would have high expetances with crocodile. It's an Orinoco crocodile just because it's marketed as it, but I doubt a lot that it have the features that distinguish Orinoco for other crocs. Is just a generic croc marketed as orinoco, as many other brands do generic crocs not markete to species that we usually tend to assignate to Nile crocodile by default.

sirenia

Quote from: Isidro on August 16, 2020, 06:59:47 PM
They're not bad, but also they don't have the super quality or realism that we're used to in CollectA, Safari, etc. I've seen just the lynx, a year ago or so, for sale in a local stationery. The sculpt is more simple than for the Mojo lynx, but it have the advantage of having ear tufts. Paintjob of course is better to customize.

Sirenia, I don't would have high expetances with crocodile. It's an Orinoco crocodile just because it's marketed as it, but I doubt a lot that it have the features that distinguish Orinoco for other crocs. Is just a generic croc marketed as orinoco, as many other brands do generic crocs not markete to species that we usually tend to assignate to Nile crocodile by default.

Still might grab it. Worth a try I think.