News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Play Visions, Wing Mau (=XX), and Club Earth

Started by dinocat62, January 14, 2013, 04:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

Quote from: dinocat62 on January 30, 2013, 11:37:07 PM
Quote from: sauroid on January 30, 2013, 05:28:53 AM
awesome collection dinocat. do you have PV prehistoric animals?

Yes, most of the reptiles and amphibians, and the bigger Palorchestes and Uintatherium.
would love to see pics of them too.  :)

Varanus

Very jealous! :))  Great collection!  I had no idea there waere so many PV figures.

sbell

Quote from: Varanus on January 31, 2013, 03:03:16 AM
Very jealous! :))  Great collection!  I had no idea there waere so many PV figures.

This is still jsut the tip of the iceberg on them--I am aware of so many sets, many of which I've never had any figures from (would really love the lemurs one, but am glad for the weasels&skunks and civets&mongooses ones).

PteraspisEMMA

Quote from: dinocat62 on January 29, 2013, 10:21:54 PM
PV Fish

Powder Blue Surgeon
Regal Tang
Common Clown
Two Banded Anemone Fish
Clown Trigger fish
Trigger fish
Flame Angelfish
Parrot Fish
Puffer Fish
Mandarin Fish
Clown Fish
Purple Queen Wrasse
Scythe-marked Butterfly fish
Copper Band Butterfly fish
Moorish Idol
Black-tailed Humbug
Butterfly fish
Long-nosed Butterfly fish
Angel Fish
Threadfin Butterfly fish
Red-headed Butterfly Fish

Hey I'm new to the forum.I'm also with the dinosaur toy forum as well bearing the same username.Ok,now,I HAVE MOST OF THESE FISH! I bought them in toobs at Target.I want to complete the set so bad.I only need 11 more fish.Are you willing to sell any? These are beautiful.

Jetoar

wonderful fishes I like all , thanks for sharing  ^-^!
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

PteraspisEMMA

If anyone knows the brand,origin,or a place to acquire the black tailed humbug,please hit me up.I have a small knock off of it already,but its not in scale with my other fish.I will be willing to churn out a good 10-15$ max on this fish,so if anyone is interested,please pm me or email me at [email protected].Thanks.
-Emma

jhudstone

I don't think all these are PV fish

PV Fish

Powder Blue Surgeon
Regal Tang
Common Clown
Two Banded Anemone Fish
Clown Trigger fish
Trigger fish
Flame Angelfish
Parrot Fish
Puffer Fish
Mandarin Fish
Clown Fish
Purple Queen Wrasse
Moorish Idol
Black-tailed Humbug
Butterfly fish
Angel Fish
Threadfin Butterfly fish

jhudstone

Great collection - you are the only other person I know with the lemurs.

In the 90's I had a couple of PV catalogs. And one of the things I remember seeing in there was a collection of realistic duck pencil toppers, similar to the other animal collections, just with a space on bottom so they would sit on a pencil. There were about 8 different species. Ever see those?

PteraspisEMMA

Quote from: jhudstone on April 29, 2013, 01:08:25 AM
I don't think all these are PV fish

PV Fish

Powder Blue Surgeon
Regal Tang
Common Clown
Two Banded Anemone Fish
Clown Trigger fish
Trigger fish
Flame Angelfish
Parrot Fish
Puffer Fish
Mandarin Fish
Clown Fish
Purple Queen Wrasse
Moorish Idol
Black-tailed Humbug
Butterfly fish
Angel Fish
Threadfin Butterfly fish

I think you're right! I thought Play Visions only sold their animals in sets of 8 or 10.I'm still interested in the black tail humbug though! I have completed the whole set already then! I still want the black tailed humbug so anybody is free to hit me up on that! Have fun getting high on PV! http://www.veghead.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_23&products_id=589
This was sold at Target 5-7 years ago.Its on eBay for a fair price. http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=261226509755&index=0&nav=WATCHING&nid=36144211112 If you want more you can also go here they are PV knock offs http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?index=0&sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=200928864899.

PteraspisEMMA

Quote from: dinocat62 on January 30, 2013, 11:40:38 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I've collected these since the late 80's in stores and museum shops all over the US. Most could be had for 25 cents, at most $1. Now I buy everything online!

Greg
That's how long their series has been around?! 0.0

dinocat62

More like the mid-90's for PV.

sbell

Quote from: dinocat62 on June 05, 2013, 02:25:02 AM
More like the mid-90's for PV.

I got the bulk of mine (whether I still have them or not) in the 90s and very early 2000s. They stopped making all but the very basics by about 2002.

I just haven't had much luck with auctions for the more interesting ones (lemurs, specifically) but I haven't really looked hard enough either.

widukind

Quote from: dinocat62 on January 30, 2013, 01:35:05 AM
PV primates

Japanese Macaques ((KM)
Langur
Celebes Macaque
Howler Monkey
Colobus
Squirrel Monkey (Safari)
White-throated Capuchin (KM)
White-faced Saki
Proboscis Monkey
Lion-tailed Macaque
Bald Uakari
Gibbon (KM)
Verreaux's Sifaka
Wooly Monkey (Safari)
White-girdled Ruffed Lemur
Diana Monkey
Aye Aye
Sifaka (KM)
Ruffed Lemur (KM)
Potto

A very wonderful collection dinocat62, and i see you have my holy grail- the PV lemurs  :) ;) :D :)) ;D >:( 8) ??? :P :P

sbell

I used to have the monkeys, but traded them away many years ago. Had I ever found the lemurs on the other hand, I would have kept a tighter grip! I only even found out they existed a few years ago, but doubt I will ever come across them.

PteraspisEMMA

Hey dinocat62 no worries I traded with Andreas aka widukind for the black tail humbug.
Anyways,that not a black tailed humbug.Its actually a four stripe damselfish.
Hi widukind its me Emma aka QuollMate! This is my username for AForum and DForum!

widukind

Quote from: PteraspisEMMA on July 01, 2013, 05:45:16 AM
Hey dinocat62 no worries I traded with Andreas aka widukind for the black tail humbug.
Anyways,that not a black tailed humbug.Its actually a four stripe damselfish.
Hi widukind its me Emma aka QuollMate! This is my username for AForum and DForum!

Aha, welcome  :) :)

dinocat62

Glad you found one. BTW they are the same thing, Dascyllus melanurus. Take care.

PteraspisEMMA

Quote from: dinocat62 on July 01, 2013, 04:56:38 PM
Glad you found one. BTW they are the same thing, Dascyllus melanurus. Take care.
You're welcome.I have every single fish in the picture now! :D
No they are similar fish,but not the same. :)

Weaselfan93

great collection!!  :) I love safari and play visions too! so many of these figures are still on my wish list; the potto, raccoon dog, etc.....

LorenzoItaly

Hi, i'm new in this forum. Can someone tell me where I can find Play Visions figures ? I'd like to have tropical fish, parrots and cockatoos !