News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Sea animals pictures - CollectA , Safari Ltd

Started by BramS, June 28, 2020, 06:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BramS

I've been making some photos for my website and social media. Here are some sea animals

Come and check out my animal figure webshop :  https://www.diermodel.nl/en_GB/

Isidro

Nice! The leopard seal was one of my first figures. The others I don't have. That great white shark was the chosen one for my collection, but now that I see it so close I think that I would favour the Schleich one - what do you think?

BramS

The leopard seal is really nice. (collecta)
The great white is from safariLtd and i kind of prefer this over the Schleich white shark. It looks more real to me. Schleich figures sometimes get a bit more "clumpsy" and "toy-like" and feel less realistic.  (some figures)

bmathison1972

Quote from: Isidro on June 28, 2020, 06:45:43 PM
Nice! The leopard seal was one of my first figures. The others I don't have. That great white shark was the chosen one for my collection, but now that I see it so close I think that I would favour the Schleich one - what do you think?

The 2016 Safari GWS probably has the best body sculpt but suffers a little in the teeth. The next best is the 2012 Schleich model. I cannot remember if Schleich has updated since 2012 and if so, how it compares.

BramS

I have 2017 models here. , i looked up the 2012 model and it seems like it has a closed mouth?

2017 is with open mouth. 

Arctinus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 26, 2020, 02:57:59 PM
Quote from: Isidro on June 28, 2020, 06:45:43 PM

The 2016 Safari GWS probably has the best body sculpt but suffers a little in the teeth. The next best is the 2012 Schleich model. I cannot remember if Schleich has updated since 2012 and if so, how it compares.

There's a Schleich 2018 Great White Shark or at least I think it's a 2018 model (or maybe 2017 if they release them a year after they're actually made):

Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

~Anatole France

bmathison1972

this figure was released in 2018. It might be stamped 2017; they usually stamp the year of production which is the year before it hits the market.

Arctinus

~Anatole France

BramS

Thanks for the high quality photos !

Yes its the same figure.

Its actually pretty nice, the shark is not 100% straight , like its moving.   (hard to see on photo)

Some Schleich figures lack this in my opinion and have very static or clumpsy poses.  Its hard to give words to.  But it makes me dislike some of the Schleich figures.

Arctinus

Yes, it's tail is slightly bended, as if it were swimming (like you said), but I think they could've bended it a bit more, maybe.  :P But it looks as if it's swimming through the water gracefully, something that I like about this figure (because I often dislike Schleich figures).

It looks almost straight from the side, though (as seen from the previous photos and especially from the promo one).

~Anatole France

JimoAi

Quote from: Arctinus on August 27, 2020, 09:40:03 AM
Yes, it's tail is slightly bended, as if it were swimming (like you said), but I think they could've bended it a bit more, maybe.  :P But it looks as if it's swimming through the water gracefully, something that I like about this figure (because I often dislike Schleich figures).

It looks almost straight from the side, though (as seen from the previous photos and especially from the promo one).

I saw it in person and measured it and bought it. Was surprised it met all the criteria and replaced the collectA great white

BramS

Thanks Arctinus for the pictures. It could be bend more, i agree . For a Schleich figure it is actually moving a lot  :P

Papo and collecta figures seem to have more interesting poses with a lot of figures.