Author Topic: Nanuq's collection  (Read 1787 times)

Nanuq

• View Profile
  • Animal: Capybara
Nanuq's collection
« on: March 25, 2020, 07:46:34 AM »
Hey everyone! Like many other people on this planet, I'm kinda stuck indoors for a while. Now that I have a lot of free time in my hands, I thought maybe it would be a good idea to finally show you my collection! Most of it are pretty old Schleichs, which I got when I started collecting quite a few years ago, but there are some newer figurines and other brands mixed in too. For years Schleich was pretty much the only brand available for me here in The Netherlands, but since a while it's getting easier to get Papo, Safari and CollectA online too.

There's a small chance you might have seen my dinosaur toy collection on the DTF too (http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4451.0). I try to keep a balance between collecting prehistoric and modern animals, as I like both equally.

My collection is divided per continent, but there are a few exceptions. The Arctic and Antarctic share a shelf with the oceanic and coastal animals. Africa gets two shelves, because with so much biodiversity it would get too crowded on just one shelf. Enjoy! :D

Oceans, arctic and antarctic:

North America:

South and Central America:

Europe:

Africa (1):

Africa (2):

Asia:

Australia:

Farm animals and pets:

Advicot

• Life finds a Way!
    • View Profile
  • Animal: Eastern Star-nosed mole
Re: Nanuq's collection
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 05:22:14 PM »
Really nice collection  :D, you can check mine out on the topic My Wild and Domestic Collection, the photos are only from November 2019.  It also seems you have the same shelves as me  :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 05:23:01 PM by Advicot »
Don't I take long uploading photos!

animaltoyforum

• Dr Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Plesiosaur Directory
  • Animal: Frilled lizard
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 07:00:22 PM »
Nice and neatly arranged collection! :)  Having your animals arranged (mostly) by continent makes your shelves look a bit like miniature dioramas.

MammothProductions

• #BirdGang
    • View Profile
  • Animal: Secretary Bird
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 03:23:02 PM »
I see that Safari Giant Sloth photobombing your Arctic animals!  ;D

Nanuq

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 10:49:09 AM »
I see that Safari Giant Sloth photobombing your Arctic animals!  ;D

Haha yes, and if you look closely, the rear end of a Smilodon too :P I couldn't really crop them out without deleting the arctic wolf.

Nanuq

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2020, 01:37:43 PM »
It's been a while since I posted my collection here. Finally bought some new additions for the first time since February (I think). Now that CollectA is more widely available on Dutch webshops, I decided to get a bunch of those. And since they seem to do ungulates best, I picked some of those!

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2020, 01:45:13 PM »
Nice Nanuq, and welcome back!

Isidro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2020, 09:40:28 PM »
Really nice additions! I have them all except the waterbuck - and this means that they have a very fine quality, for be included as the best of each species available in the trade! The African wild ass was indeed one of the key figures that leaded me to start collecting more seriously, because I was amazed by its enormous quality on details (the fur inside the ears, the fur ridges in the neck, the veins on face and belly). Ah, and of course I have this Baird's tapir with the true colours, not with a Malayan tapir disguise :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal