News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Ikessauro's Collection

Started by Ikessauro, February 07, 2020, 04:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

Hey guys, I am mostly a prehistoric animal collector, and I have been active on the Dinosaur Toy Forum since around 2008. Although I am really interested in extant animal figures, I've never collected them actively. Up until November 2019 I had just a few extant animal models, mostly reptiles, from my childhood and one CollectA Green Anaconda. But then things changed...  ;D

Ikessauro

Then a couple of months ago or so I was just going through eBay looking at random used toys and spotted this guy in a small dinosaur lot.. It immediately caught my attention, due to the weirdness and kinda shimmering paint job. I had never seen this before, but the tag suggested it was a Safari Ltd. model. The lot was pretty cheap, around 12 bucks, so I grabbed it. I then proceeded to search for an ID of the model. After sometime I found out that Safari had released a "Creatures of the Deep" collection in the nineties and this Anglerfish was part of it! I was even happier to find out the collection is kinda rare nowadays, so I both acquired something pretty cool and hard to find.  ;D

Ikessauro

After acquiring the deep sea fish, I started learning a bit more about extant animal models, mostly from Safari Ltd. I feel in love with some animals from the Incredible Creatures line and started looking for more on eBay. Next I found this cool Leafy Seadragon fish, from the Incredible Creatures line.

Advicot

Don't I take long uploading photos!

bmathison1972

AnimalToyForum