News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

MammothProduction's Bird of the Day

Started by Avian, January 27, 2020, 10:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: MammothProductions on February 01, 2020, 03:36:20 PM
Quote from: animaltoyforum on February 01, 2020, 11:35:52 AM
Quote from: animaltoyforum on February 01, 2020, 12:32:05 AM
I can't see your photos, is your host offline?

Working again, must've been a glitch. I like the Papo Maribou stork, I have it as well. My only quibble is the feet are a bit sloppily painted, and the base could be a bit broader.

Yes, I noticed this about the feet as well. As for the base, mine does not sit flat on the ground due. There is a small bump on the underside that keeps it off balance. Does yours do this too, or is it just me?

I don't have the figure at hand (it is in a store box) but I suspect mine is the same, I remember being dissatisfied with the stability so maybe that's why. I'll check when I unpack it.

postsaurischian

My Marabou stands perfectly, but I like the eyes of yours much better.

Avian

The eyes on the other side aren't as well painted.
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

Avian

My apologies on the lack of posting the last few days. I have been away from home, but I should be back and posting again tomorrow!  ;D

Advicot

Coolio, how many birds do you actually own?
Don't I take long uploading photos!

Avian

I have only just recently began to collect birds, and extant animals in general, so only around 20 or so. I was planning to use images from the TAW after I had used my own. I also have several orders that should arrive within the next few weeks, including some birds.

Avian

Today's figure: the unique

4. CollectaA Secretary Bird
Species: Secretary Bird, Sagittarius serpentarius
Height: 3.75 Inches
Width: 1 Inch
Production Year: 2017

For a full review of this figure, click here: http://animaltoyforum.com/blog/2020/01/03/secretary-bird-wildlife-by-collecta/