News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. - New For 2020

Started by bmathison1972, January 08, 2020, 11:52:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

To be released sometime in 2020. Looks like a continuation of 2019's 'Friends of the Water' collection (the crayfish looks the same):

stargatedalek

Spectacular! An articulated horseshoe crab must be a first.

bmathison1972

Beetle Guy did some translations for me on this crustacean set. The name of the set is 'New Friends of the Waterside'.

The crayfish is the typical red swamp crayfish, Procambrus clarkii.

The fiddler crab is Tubuca arcuata (previously made by Koro Koro and Wing Mau).

It appears the horseshoe crab is a male Tachypleus tridentatus. Initially the size of the lateral spines made me think Limulus polyphemus, but apparently T. tridentatus is sexually dimorphic, and the females have three line spines but the males have six!

bmathison1972

Three dinosaur sets part of the ANIA line, to be released in April 2020:

Dinosaur Battle Royal Set:

Dinosaur Battle Huge Set:

Combined Dinosaur Expedition Island:

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

And the 2020 B.I.G. Insects collection has been announced, with another grasshopper and, what appears to be a new sculpt, a red-kneed tarantula!!!!

Advicot

Don't I take long uploading photos!

Isidro

Yes, and it's much more realistic than most grasshopper figurines. Most of them are even not recognizable to species, while the Takara Tomy one is very clearly a perfectly done migratory locust.

bmathison1972

More ANIA dinosaurs, to release (re-release?) July, 2020:

Fukiraptor:

Fukisaurus:

Ankylosaurus:

Carnotaurus:

Dimoprhodon:

Baryonyx:

sirenia

Quote from: bmathison1972 on April 15, 2020, 04:54:15 PM
Released April, 2020:

Can see the shark and snapping turtle, but what is the third one meant to be? Looks like an ancient animal, like Haikouichthys

bmathison1972

Quote from: sirenia on June 02, 2020, 02:34:35 PM
Released April, 2020:

Can see the shark and snapping turtle, but what is the third one meant to be? Looks like an ancient animal, like Haikouichthys

The blue creature @sirenia ? It is a Portuguese man-o-war. I have one on order :)

sirenia

Quote from: bmathison1972 on June 02, 2020, 02:47:52 PM
Quote from: sirenia on June 02, 2020, 02:34:35 PM
Released April, 2020:

The blue creature @sirenia ? It is a Portuguese man-o-war. I have one on order :)

Ah, yes, see it now! Thank you!

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Released now. Check out that Aedes mosquito!!!!!!!!

sirenia

Really like these figures. Like the snake and mouse most though.

Halichoeres

Where I try to find the best version of every prehistoric species: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 21, 2020, 09:21:09 PM
available now:

Going to be honest, as much as I like coelacanth figures, I think I will just let this go. I have so many!

BlueKrono

I'm going to have to have that coelacanth and Anomalocaris. And the snapping turtle of course.
I like turtles.

JimoAi

Spotted this. Likely an upcoming set

bmathison1972

I'll definitely get the eurypterid, and it looks like a good chance to get an Archelon!

We'll have to get better pics, and double-check to make sure it is 2020 and not 2020!