News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Papo - New for 2020

Started by bmathison1972, December 12, 2019, 11:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Wildlife:

Anaconda:

Hermann's tortoise:

Grasshopper:

Mole:

Bee:

Butterfly (monarch):

Cormorant:

Dragonfly:

Jackal:

Ladybird:

Pheasant:

Snail (edible?):

Squirrel:

Standing tiger cub:

Sealife:

Sailfish (marketed as 'swordfish' on the Papo site - maybe translational):

Young whale shark:

Crab (looks like an edible crab!):

Farm and Equestrian:

Big horse:

Competition horse with rider:

Great Pyrenees:

Highland Cattle:

Irish Cob:

Jumping horse with rider:

Merino sheep (a female to compliment last year's ram):

Merino lamb:

Provence donkey:

Provence donkey foal:

Walking horse with rider:

Wildwest horse and cowgirl:

Dinosaurs (shown here for completeness; for a detailed discussion, please visit Dino Toy Forum).

Parasaurolophus:

Chilesaurus:

Velociraptor:

Giganotosaurus:

young Pachycephalosaurus Stygimoloch:

Megaloceros

suspsy

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on December 12, 2019, 02:37:15 PM
And this Megaloceros too!

Thanks @suspsy !! I will crop it out and add it to the first post later tonight or the weekend. I am getting that Megaloceros!! I must admit, I don't like Papo's dinosaurs (they all look like movie monsters to me) but that cervid is great!

suspsy

Yeah, I frankly don't care about any of the new dinosaurs, but it's great to finally see a new Cenozoic cervid.

Advicot

Even though I don't collect dinosaurs Papo in my opinion do the best. Also when will the wildlife be released?! Also another repainted raptor. Urgh, there are just too many Papo repainted raptors.
Don't I take long uploading photos!

stargatedalek

I might actually get the Chilesaurus, it's a small enough species that Papo's over-saturated scale textures aren't able to do it as much of a disservice.

This style works for the Jurassic Park based dinosaurs, but with Papo trying (in vain) to distance themselves from that it only looks more and more strange. Case in point the Parasaurolophus repaint, it's still very blatantly the Jurassic Park Parasaurolophus, but in "trying" to differentiate it they only create a replica that is neither accurate as film memorabilia or as an educational toy.

Badger

Papo has recently revealed extant figures for 2020 on their website.
(a.k.a. Ravonium, on the DTF and STS)

bmathison1972

Quote from: Badger on December 16, 2019, 09:13:09 PM
Papo has recently revealed extant figures for 2020 on their website.

I am adding them now!

bmathison1972

Just added a bunch; let me know if I missed anything.

The SIX arthropods are no-brainers for me ( @stargatedalek check out that edible crab!).

Also like the tortoise, pheasant, and cormorant and maybe the edible snail and mole if they are not too big. Maybe the jackal if we can determine the species.

Isidro

WOWOWOOWOW!!! This year, Papo supplies all the lackings of other brands!What a fantastic news! Especially for Blaine as there are a lot of arthropods in the lot, including an emperor dragonfly and the very unmistakable and very very well made Cancer pagurus (I worked with these during years in a seafood factory). Anaconda is meh, I like a lot the scales, but not the wide gaping mouth, the stretched body nor the paintjob. Tortoise and mole, and probably pheasant and cormorant too, I guess they will be too big for me, but this cormorant is atonishing. But the two absolute stars of this release that will go inmediately to my wishlist are the wonderful GOLDEN JACKAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nobody since Noah's pals did this species!!! And overall the absolutely supreme SAILFISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A very dream that I had since I collect, that a brand did one some day, that is not too small like the Safari Pelagic TOOB one or the Japanese figures... or too huge like one whose brand I don't remember.  Papo's sailfish for sure will be the best and will go perfectly with my Colorata marlin. BIG THANKS PAPO for this superdreamed sailfish!!!!

bmathison1972

yes I will get the sailfish too! I thought I had one, but Colorata is a marlin, not sailfish!

Yes I will get a lot of Papo:

1. crab
2. ladybird
3. monarch
4. dragonfly
5. bee
6. grasshopper
7. sailfish
8. golden jackal
9. Hermann's tortoise
10. pheasant
11. cormorant
12. edible snail
13. Megaloceros

if not too big:
1. mole

stargatedalek

When I saw that cormorant I thought this was might be a Papo year, but then that crab had to come along and ensure it! It looks like a Jonah Crab to my eye, but Edible is probably equally likely.

Gwangi

Very interested in the crab and snail, but I actually like that merino sheep a lot too for some reason.

suspsy

While I'm happy to see another big snake figure, why does it always have to be an anaconda? How about a reticulated python for a change? Or a Burmese?

bmathison1972

Quote from: Gwangi on December 17, 2019, 04:20:34 AM
Very interested in the crab and snail, but I actually like that merino sheep a lot too for some reason.

I bought the Merino ram this year - they are charming figures.

Advicot

Going to be an expensive year for me as their range of sea life and wildlife is truly phenomenal! ;D

Advicot

Now there is about 30-40 2020 releases added to my wish list. I said to my family two years ago that I would stop collecting animal figures.  ::)

Advicot

Even though the new tortoise is a repaint, I couldn't care less as I don't have the Galapagos Tortoise that it originally was.  :)

BramS

Just got this in stock since this week.
Checkout https://www.diermodel.nl/en_GB/ for more animal figures  ^-^

JimoAi

In hand images of the Papo swordfish(sailfish). Anyone knows which species? Images not mine but from Taobao