News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The Paper Zoo

Started by Advicot, December 03, 2019, 04:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Advicot

I'm starting a new thread of animals that I drew in my early childhood. There is over 500 individual species and ranges from the tiny desert locust to the biggest blue whale. All the illustrations are on A5 paper. I know some of the drawings are pretty bad but I was about six or seven when I did them. Also I'm starting a new paper zoo which will be posted after this one. Not all of them are my drawrings are mine (some were done by school friends.) If anyone wishes to contribute to the zoo please PM me of what species you're doing and ill give you more details after ive posted my first paper zoo.  :)
Don't I take long uploading photos!

bmathison1972

when I was young, I drew, colored, cut out, and 'played with' (more just made scenes) of many many animal species. I used the 'Cards of Knowledge' safari cards as inspiration!

Isidro

That's a lifetime passion about animals! :) We will enjoy your drawings for sure :)

By the way, I keep an illustrated "natural history diary" where I write my observations in field trips, zoo visits, events with my plants, etc. While the illustrations are very delayed (still doing some from April, because my other passions and my job consumes all my time). But I keep these observations since 2001 and I always tough that would be nice to share them with the world in some way. The drawings are mostly quite small, but sometimes they're nice. I think that this thread would be perfect for show them if Advicot agrees :-). The very vast majority of illustrations are insects, so Blaine may be quite interested in seeing them :D
But, I don't know which day I will have time for do this too besides all my other projects :P so Advicot can show a lot of his illustrations first :)

Advicot

When I get chance to post them in bursts of 15, please don't pay any attention to the numbers. Also the oldest ones have bits of sellotape attached to them. The first one I ever did was the common ostrich.  :)
Don't I take long uploading photos!