Animal toy reviews and walk-arounds

Author Topic: Divers/Loons (Maia and Borges - Water birds)  (Read 3098 times)

Ana

• View Profile
    • my website: Horse and Bird
Divers/Loons (Maia and Borges - Water birds)
« on: January 12, 2013, 01:58:15 PM »
Two of my favorite groups of birds are divers/loons and owls :) In 2012 finally 2 species of loons were introduced to toy market, the company which did them is Maia and Borges. Company comes from Portugal and in the past they produced sea life animals in 1:32 for Schleich. Now they have main two series: Water birds and Sea life (with many molds used before for schleich) :)
These two divers are my favorite figures of this company. I would like, however, to get all other water birds from them in the future too! (and I hope they could make two remained species of loons in coming years, haha, or at least black throated diver)  :)) ::)

This one is Northern Loon :)

And here, his relative, Red Throated Diver :)

I think divers are wonderful birds, they are among my favorites. Of course they do have beautiful patterns, feathers and shape but most of all I like their voices, I wish to see (and hear) them in real life one day :D

brontodocus

• Global Moderator
  • "Et tu, Bronte?"
    • View Profile
    • brontodocus at uni
Re: Divers/Loons (Maia and Borges - Water birds)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 02:46:40 PM »
Thanks for posting, Ana, these are really wonderful! :) I hope Maia & Borges will have the success they deserve. I only have three of their 2012 figures (Blue Whale, Right Whale, and Common Dolphin) but they are all excellent. I was't sure about the aquatic birds - until I saw your photos! 8)

Ana

• View Profile
    • my website: Horse and Bird
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 06:52:34 PM »
Thanks for posting, Ana, these are really wonderful! :) I hope Maia & Borges will have the success they deserve. I only have three of their 2012 figures (Blue Whale, Right Whale, and Common Dolphin) but they are all excellent. I was't sure about the aquatic birds - until I saw your photos! 8)

Thank You :)

And I'm happy to hear that they are now in Your wishlist too! Yes, I think I can recommend these birds :)

I like species selection of Maia and Borges, not only loons but also Tufted duck, Wood duck, Falcated duck and horned grebe, they are for me quite hard to resist :D Hope M&B will become popular brand :)

Jetoar

• Global Moderator
  • Hello again friends and welcome
    • View Profile
    • Paleo-Creatures
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 08:47:10 PM »
Cool figures. I like the details and colors of these figures  ^-^.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Varanus

• Goannas Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 10:26:05 PM »
Cool figures. I like the details and colors of these figures  ^-^.
I agree, very nice figures. :)

I actually just saw two Red-throated Loons/Divers yesterday!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 10:26:27 PM by Varanus »