News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

What's on your wish list?

Started by Advicot, November 16, 2019, 10:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Advicot

This is where we can talk about what's on your wish list and the specific reasons why you want a particular figure. My wish list has 46 items on it. It originally had 156 in September so my wish list has dramatically decreased in numbers.  :)
Don't I take long uploading photos!

Isidro

Hello!
I have two different wishlists.
One is for the figures that I can purchase easily online for cheap. It's a Word document that now, after buying recently a lot of CollectA's in the toy shop I've discovered last month, it have 21 CollectA's, 23 Safari's, 4 Southlands's, 2 Maia & Borges's, 1 Bullyland, 4 Papo'sand 2 Mojo's, total 56 figures.
The other wishlist is for figures that I can't find online or that I only find at too expensive prices or that just are not sold in my usual online shops. That wishlist is in public view on STS forum (http://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t20833-my-little-searchlist) and consist in 8 Colorata's, 8 Kaiyodo's, 3 Yowies, 2 Safari's, 1 Mojo's, 1 Happy Kin's, 1 Science and Nature's, 1 PNSO's and 11 expensive homemade models from houses of the kind of Signatustudio or Likaonmodels (sculpted by Anna, Joan, Jose Miguel Aparicio and NoƩmi). Probably my favourite ones are the Jose Miguel Aparicio figures, tough I would love to get all :D

Sometimes a figure passed from the "easy" list to the "difficult" list, as happened with my dreamed Safari LTD malayan tapir that I didn't purchased online at time and it disappeared from the website.

Sometimes I delete figures from the "difficult" list, as the Happy Kin baiji or right whale dolphin, when I realize that the size is not convincent for my collection. From time to time I also add something new. Sometimes I do the same with the "easy" list, such as the Mojo Fun proboscis monkey that I find too big, but probably I will regret in this action and will add it again now that I'm sculpting a homemade too big monkey that fits well with my (oversized too) Mojo Fun black macaque :P

Isidro

P. D. From 146 in september to 56 in november?!? Wow, you maybe would like to increase your collection at more slowly rate, otherwise you will pass long months without nothing new after getting all :D

Advicot

There are more figures on the way for Christmas! Also what exact figures are on your 'easy' wish list?  :)

Advicot

My wishlist is growing again as new figures are released for 2020, but I haven't added them on yet.  :)

Isidro

Quote from: Advicot on November 17, 2019, 09:26:11 AM
Also what exact figures are on your 'easy' wish list?  :)

CollectA scimitar-horned oryx, markhor, nilghai*, saiga*, African civet, Blainville's beaked whale*, dama gazelle, common fallow deer*, bongo*, sable antelope* (tough I would be happy with the Safari one, they're both very good), diana monkey*, tiger shark, scalloped hammerhead*, Tasmanian devil, dugong*, common leopard? (the new 2019 one from African subspecies, tough I may delete this one, as the paintjob doesn't convince me very much... maybe the Schleich leopard is better), Przewalski's horse, american black bear?* (I was in love with the promo picture but I examined one directly and the face in front view is a bit strange...), common hippopotamus* and white rhinoceros. (Those marked with asterisk was seen in the mentioned toy shop, so probably a bunch of them will be added soon to my collection).
Safari LTD lesser kudu, lemon shark, arctic fox, common wild boar, basking shark, blue whale, common nurse shark, African wild dog, great white shark (not the one with ugly mouth, but the decent version), golden snub-nosed monkey, walrus, clouded leopard, American alligator, arabian oryx (I dislike the curvature of the horns that should be more straight, but let it pass..), northern right whale, coyote, giant squid, thresher shark megamouth shark, double-wattled cassowary, Indian rhinoceros.
*Also have here the hairy-nosed wombat but I'm in doubt with this one because is bigger than the CollectA's common wombat and it should be smaller. Would be interesting to compare these two with the Southlands's one as well...
Southland's Replicas dingo, Lumholtz's tree kangaroo and platypus
Maia & Borges common dolphin and blue shark. Well, there is a lot of blue sharks in the trade and many are excellent. I'm not sure which one to choose, which one is the best?
Bullyland chamois. Not sure on this one, it looks like too big?
Papo Eurasian lynx, cougar, red fox and narwhal. Oh, and the manatee, but my list is not updated and I still have the CollectA one listed here, but I wanted the Papo instead since it appeared.
And finally, Mojo Fun humpback whale and spotted hyena.

From the 2020 new releases, I also didn't added nothing yet. Nothing caught my attention enough. I maybe add the Safari new warthog, but first I must know the size... and the tree kangaroo is nice too, but I must know first if it matches in size with the Southland's Lumholtz.

Southland Replicas red kangaroo male is in my opinion the only well done red kangaroo in the market! All others are transexual (red coat but bearing a pup :P), and the detail of the paintjob in the face and shape of the face are by far infinitely better than western brands. But I fear it's too big for my collection.

Advicot

Cool, you've definitely got some good figures on your wish list.  :)) My current wish list figures are as the following:

Schleich Seahorse
CollectA Porcupine, rabbit, flamingo, boxfish, African leopard and small tortoiseshell butterfly
Bullyland Tree frog and collared lizard
Mojo Fun Blue tang, great horned owl,two toed sloth
Safari Ltd black bear cub, Porcupine, giant squid, jackrabbit, grey reef shark, bull shark, nurse shark, oceanic white tip shark, bonnethead shark, Manta Ray, pilot whale, zebra shark, leopard shark, Bowhead whale, sunfish, ring tail lemur, Wombat, gnu, cockatoo, long eared owl, kookaburra, przwalski horse, ceolocanth, red eye Tree frog, monarch butterfly.
Maia & Borges raccoon butterfly fish, royal angelfish, banded butterfly fish, threadfin butterfly fish, great northern diver
Science & Nature red eye Tree frog, sulphur crested cockatoo
Southlands Grey kangaroo, emu male.

bmathison1972

Not including my Synoptic Collection, because essentially any new species may eventually be added, and I will analyze the choices as I cover them.

But for arthropods, I really want (*-new species for me):

Play Visions pubic louse (Fleas, Lice, and Ticks collection) - trying to complete this set
Play Visions sandhills hornet*, paper wasp, tarantula hawk* (Bees, Wasps, and Hornets collection) - trying to complete this set
Yowie Gummies Chilean rose tarantula*
Yowie KFC burrowing crayfish*

These are still to be released or have been released and are on reserve:
Ikimon Calappa lophos crab (on hold with Brett)
Bandai Dango Mushi giant marine isopod (releasing soon?)
Bandai Dango Mushi Calappa lophos (2020)
Kaiyodo Capsule Q Museum scarabaeoid beetles (2020)
CollectA black widow (2020)
CollectA centipede (2020)
CollectA horseshoe crab (2020)
CollectA trilobite (2020) - Redlichia rex*
CollectA insects tube set (2020)

Advicot

Cool, what does the new horseshoe crab look like, and how big is it in cm?  :)

Isidro

Quote from: Advicot on November 17, 2019, 11:08:28 AMCollectA Porcupine, rabbit, flamingo, boxfish, African leopard and small tortoiseshell butterfly

Also your selection is nice. The CollectA figures are probably in the mentioned toy shop - at least for sure the boxfish is and I think I remember the flamingo and the tortoiseshell - but probably will be cheaper for you to buy online directly that to be sent from me with shipping costs paid. I see you have a big fondness with Safari and very little with Schleich - just like me :D
Your wished Safari leopard shark was my first figure, the only that gave arise to my entire collection :)
The Southlands grey kangaroo is really fantastic, if only it were without a base it would be in my collection for sure!

Advicot

Just added these figures on my wish list:

CollectA
Black Widow
Centipede
Horseshoe Crab
Mountain Gorilla
Nautilius

Schleich
Dromedary Camel
Common Wombat
Giant Tortoise
Red Panda

Safari Ltd
Atlantic White-sided dolphin
Sand Tiger Shark
Matschies Tree Kangaroo
Warthog
Weasel

All the other major brands whom are releasing 2020 figures hachaven't been added as pictures and figures haven't been made public.  :)

bmathison1972

Quote from: Advicot on November 17, 2019, 05:29:04 PM
Cool, what does the new horseshoe crab look like, and how big is it in cm?  :)

Photos and measurements have not been revealed yet. There is also some confusion if it is in their Sea Life line or prehistoric line. So we don't even know what species it will be yet.

Advicot

The Southlands grey kangaroo is really fantastic, if only it were without a base it would be in my collection for sure!
[/quote]  I hesitated about this figure until I found out that the base comes off, so you can add it back to your wish list. :)

Isidro

Oh, really? It looked firmly attached in the photos! So I will go to modify my wishlist and also will add the Atlantic white-sided dolphin that I forgot to include and that for sure will be the most valuable highlight from western brands for me next year.

Advicot

My wish list is decreasing again!!! 46 on the 16th now down to 34. (Not included 2020 figures)  ;)

Advicot

Advicot

The reasons why there isn't so much Schleich on my wish list is because I've got virtually all the recent Schleich models. On the other hand some schleich doesn't interest me but the occasional figure does like the four 2020 models did.  :)