News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The Feedback Thread

Started by brontodocus, January 12, 2013, 01:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Big positive for Brett an both of his Japanese sources! Massive order arrived and I am thrilled.

Beetle guy

Big thumbs up for @bmathison1972 ! Thanks for the extra figurine :))
To beetle or not to beetle.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Beetle guy on January 05, 2019, 01:01:35 PM
Big thumbs up for @bmathison1972 ! Thanks for the extra figurine :))

glad you liked it, sorry for the delay getting it in the mail! And thank you for all you gave me; I got three new species in the last haul!

stargatedalek

Positive as usual for Brett and his sources in Japan! They're always a pleasure to work with and held onto a truly massive package for me to get the best shipping price.

Positive for Minizoo! I've been hoping they would stock PNSO and their prices are particularly good. I got myself an order of mini dinosaurs and I love them. Will definitely be ordering more.

And after going through my PM's I have a disappointed and belated negative for Thylakeane. We traded for a number of items including some relatively expensive ones and the package they sent never arrived. Additionally, they never removed any of the items supposedly sent to me from their sale thread on the ATF, even as I attempted to remain in communication for several months following that before they eventually disappeared.

Isidro

Positive feedback for @widukind  by the 5 delightful figures that I've asked him: CollectA's woodland caribou and mountain nyala, Joy City pygmy hog, Safari LTD chinstrap penguin and no brand made in China common genet.

Positive feedback for @pelycosaurus for the absolutely amazing strap-toothed whale from Nayab/Happy Kin.

Both parcels were my first trades with forum members. I enjoy these figures a lot and they arrived quickly and for a reasonable price :-)

bmathison1972

Thanks to @brettnj and Emiko for contacting Ayano Katayama and asking her to make me a complete set of her acrylic plankton mascots! :-D

stargatedalek

Leaving positive was such a huge no-brainer that I thought I had already done it!

Huge belated positive for bmathison1972 for some absolutely spectacular little waterfowls by New Ray, and sneaking in a few lovely little snakes!

pelycosaurus

positive for @Isidro for communication in transaction.

stargatedalek

Positive for Minizoo! Package arrived quickly as usual, with unbeatable rates for international postage.

Isidro

Positive for @Roger for his nice figure received in a swap :)

stargatedalek

Positive for Brett who was a huge help (as always!) and had a bunch of Kaiyodo penguins I'd been looking for.

brettnj

Extreme warning and negative feedback for Andres Salinas Fernandez, an individual who came to me via the STS and is pending being banned from that site at the time of my typing this.

The administration here gave me permission to address what he did publicly as he is also a member of this forum.

This individual, from Madrid, Spain, (Those of our many international buyers who are members here will understand this...) cost my source and me several hundred dollars (not simply didn't pay us that amount but cost us that amount), and that's well before any lost profits.

My best estimation is that he joined the STS as SerAndrew and used the name Andres. Then, after stopping communication with me after I requested payment, he stopped logging in with that ID and created another, Wonderfish (He requested mostly fish figures from us.) and went by the name Adri.

He then e-mailed me from a separate account (with the same exact name and the same IP address), presenting himself as someone else(!), indicating that he wanted to buy (more) items from us(!) and attempting to clarify the exact detail he misunderstood the first go round that likely led to his not paying us.

(Both versions of) this individual referenced the same two esoteric figure subjects (and only those in one case (two of three in the other)), one publicly on the STS and the other by asking my source in Japan to save the searches for them.

Even as I reached out to him at both addresses and presented to the more recent that I was potentially trying to help him if someone on his end was scamming him, he was hostile, vulgar, accusatory, erratic, etc. He never showed any empathy for our situation nor asked any questions nor expressed any concern about someone sending mails from his IP address using his name.

I've warned eBay about him and will be calling Paypal next. I'll then be notifying my mailing list to warn those with whom I do business and perhaps get some telling information if anyone on it knows him. I'll update if that happens as well.

Similarly, if anyone here has any information regarding this person that might help us (or anyone in any of these forums), please let me know publicly here or privately via PM.

Thanks and I'm sorry to have to do this.
Brett

It occurs to me just after sending this that I recently had someone contact me based upon a referral from one of the forums asking to buy Kaiyodo/possibly other Japanese figures from us.  While the above person was not happy with our fees(!?!), the detail the person above asked about when he first contacted us from the second address was just that, and the person I just thought about was incredulous that we expected him to pay more in fees than the prices of some figures, despite the fact that any prices outside Japan, and certainly including eBay, virtually always far exceeded ours.

The extreme lack of logic in that analysis makes me question whether that might be another version of this individual. I'll try to research it and note if there's another ID in play but I'm not sure there are enough keywords to narrow down and find those mails.

bmathison1972

HUUUGGGHHH thanks for @sbell who was willing to be a 'middle man' getting stuff from Emiko in Japan to me in the US :)

Isidro

I forgot the existence of this thread, sorry for the big delay but thanks and positive feedback for @brettnj for the last figures (received at 20th October), the figures are magnific and in perfect condition and despite the whole thing costed a small fortune, Brett did all his best for try to get the cheapest possible and even sent me a commision-free set!!! So I'm very grateful to him :)

stemturtle

Shipment of a Miniatureplanet slow loris was a challenge because airmail service was suspended for parcels from Japan to the U.S. in late 2020.
I was saved by the Bell, @sbell that is, who relayed the figure from @brettnj to Minnesota through Canada. My gratitude to these two kind friends.  :)

sbell

Quote from: stemturtle on December 28, 2020, 09:59:20 PM
Shipment of a Miniatureplanet slow loris was a challenge because airmail service was suspended for parcels from Japan to the U.S. in late 2020.
I was saved by the Bell, @sbell that is, who relayed the figure from @brettnj to Minnesota through Canada. My gratitude to these two kind friends.  :)

Happy to help. Surprised it already made it!

bmathison1972

@sbell was also a 'middle man' for me (again) and my figures arrived safely today. And with a surprise...a Fauna Figures ornate bichir!!!!!!

Isidro

Again positive feedback for @brettnj for the big effort put from him and his partner Wes, for making the arrival of my Japanese figures possible! It has been an odyssey, but finally solved. I recommend him from any Japanese figure purchase, he really cares about details trying to make things as easy and as cheap as possible for the buyer!
See here for explanation of what happened to this parcel: http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=16.msg31344#msg31344