News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Give a Hoot! Owls!

Started by Ana, January 12, 2013, 09:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ana

We had already reviews of two other Schleich owls so I thought it may be good time to show the Tawny Owl, the earliest one from Schleich owls' trio :) I like this figure very much  :))

And here size comparison with Schleich Snowy Owl :)

:)

AnimalToyForum

Great owls. Generally, I'm not a fan of bases in toys, but these make lovely little statues :)

Jetoar

I have catalogues the Schleich with this figure but I didnt see this figure in store. He is very old figure but he is very cool with a good proportion and stand. Good walk around friend  ^-^!.
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Wonderful! 8) I didn't even know a figure of a Tawny Owl exists! :o

Jetoar

Quote from: brontodocus on January 12, 2013, 10:36:31 AM
Wonderful! 8) I didn't even know a figure of a Tawny Owl exists! :o

Yes, bad that this figure is retired a lot of years ago  :-\.

Ana

Thank You for Your comments friends :) Glad You like this one :)

Jetoar I also never seen it in the shop, I bought this figure on ebay.de last year :) I searched long to find it for reasonable price. :)

Underside there is date 1999. I just checked on Toy Animal Info website, it was on market from 1999 to 2004 and has number 14238. :)

Jetoar

Quote from: Ana on January 12, 2013, 12:19:46 PM
Thank You for Your comments friends :) Glad You like this one :)

Jetoar I also never seen it in the shop, I bought this figure on ebay.de last year :) I searched long to find it for reasonable price. :)

Underside there is date 1999. I just checked on Toy Animal Info website, it was on market from 1999 to 2004 and has number 14238. :)

Thanks friend  ^-^!

brontodocus

Walk-around of the Safari Ltd. Incredible Creatures 2013 Eastern Screech Owl (rufous morph), Megascops (formerly Otus) asio (Linnaeus, 1758). Height including ear tuft is 122 mm and length is 158 mm in direct line, representing an animal of probably approx. 180 mm length if the neck was fully stretched out. So the scale would be between approx. 1:0.9 and 1:1.4, so it's near the lower end of the species' size range and could represent a small male in life size. Those screech owls and scops owls are mostly really tiny owls.
The last photos show the figure together with the life-size Eurasian Scops Owl (Otus scops) paper model by Johan Scherft and "Owls of the World" by Rob Hume (featuring a an Eastern Screech Owl on the cover).
Here is a link to the figure at Safari Ltd.: http://safariltd.shptron.com/p/eastern-screech-owl

Edit 2017-02-07: Fixed broken image urls.

postsaurischian

Cutie :)!

....... I like the new leafy background :).

Battatitan

This is one of my (many - eek!) highlights of 2013's new offerings, because it's such an awesome and lifelike model.

Thanks for the great walk-around, Brontodocus!

Jetoar

I am owl collector and it is one of the bets figures of owl that I have seen. I like it  ^-^.

dinocat62

Thanks Doctor. Just got all the latest 2013 Safari offerings plus the Schleich Griffon Vulture. I didn't realize that the Screech owls had been split into Megascops.  :))

Varanus

Stick that in a tree and I bet it'd fool a lot of people! :))

brontodocus

Yay, thanks all! :)
Quote from: postsaurischian on February 02, 2013, 01:30:18 PM
....... I like the new leafy background :).
Very recently we got 12 wallpaper catalogues by "Rasch" from a store (they wanted to discard them! :o) and I have some new backgrounds now! ^-^
Quote from: Battatitan on February 02, 2013, 05:01:36 PM
This is one of my (many - eek!) highlights of 2013's new offerings, because it's such an awesome and lifelike model.
Urgh, yes, 2013 will be an expensive year for me, too. :-\ ;D
Quote from: dinocat62 on February 03, 2013, 12:56:20 AM
I didn't realize that the Screech owls had been split into Megascops.  :))
That was apparently quite recently, after 2003 or so, in many books the screech owls are still classified as Otus, the book in the photo is no exception.

Battatitan

Quote from: brontodocus on February 03, 2013, 12:14:37 PM
Quote from: Battatitan on February 02, 2013, 05:01:36 PM
Urgh, yes, 2013 will be an expensive year for me, too. :-\ ;D

Especially with the large number of 2013's retired Schleich which I still need to acquire! I have a feeling that many of us are going to be busy this year...

And congratulations on the backgrounds, they look great.  ^-^

Takama

Hey its Harry Potters Owl Hedwig.

This is another recent addition of mine, it seems like a great figure, if a little hard for me to photograph.

Jetoar

Great replica. I remenber the image of catalogo with a desk also  :)).

brontodocus

Takama

Part of the First Wave of Yowies Released in the USA

brontodocus