News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Who has the largest collection and what does it consist of?

Started by Advicot, October 29, 2019, 08:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Advicot

This is where we all can find out whom has the largest collection on the forum and what figures are included in your collection.

My collection is about 1000 strong anand consists of domestic and wild animals. My brands are:
Schleich
Papo
CollectA
Safari
Bullyland
Mojo Fun
Kitan Club
Natab
K&M
Science & Nature
Southlands
Don't I take long uploading photos!

stargatedalek

Depends on how you define large. I'm sure I have thousands of figures, but in monetary value it's probably not even vaguely close to most users here.

Advicot

I mean how many figures. I'm not particularly interested if someone's collection costs $10 or $10,000.

sbell

I have a collection of I think 4000+ figures right now, from about 80+ companies. I could get exact numbers but I'd need to check my database

Advicot

bmathison1972

Looking at my Database, this is what I roughly have:

Plankton and Protozoa: 30
Arthropods (my focus group): 1600
Misc. Invertebrates (this will be my final December focus group, so I'll be getting more of these soon): 70
Fish: 170
Amphibians: 40
Reptiles: 75
Birds: 170
Mammals: 330

Remember, too, outside of the arthropods, my collection is 'synoptic' meaning only one figure/species [i have a few rare male + female or adult + young pairs]

Badger

(a.k.a. Ravonium, on the DTF and STS)

Advicot

Just counted all my animal figures and it totals up at 1107 domestic and wild animals.  :)

Halichoeres

Some huge collections around here. Mine isn't anywhere close to that. It's currently 619 figures representing 566 taxa (Paleozoic and Mesozoic life, plus a handful of characiform fishes). They come from 85 companies in 16 countries, produced over a span of about 65 years.
Where I try to find the best version of every prehistoric species: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0

Advicot

Just received  40 figures on the 30 th. The figures include:

Safari Ltd Two toed sloth
Safari Ltd Nudibranch
Safair Ltd Puffin
Safari Ltd Red tailed hawk
Safari Ltd Raven
Bullyland Fin whale
Bullyland Gecko
Bullyland Buzzard
Bullyland Salamander
Bullyland Blue poison frog
Bullyland Emerald tree boa
CollectA Bowhead whale
CollectA Dama Gazelle
CollectA White rhino
CollectA Monarch butterfly
CollectA Zebra Shark
CollectA Minke whale
CollectA King crab
CollectA Thorny Dragon
CollectA Sailfin chameleon
CollectA Baboon & baby
CollectA Ostrich baby sitting
CollectA Ostrich baby walking
Papo KingFisher
Papo White hare
Papo Alligator
Papo Lynx
Papo Blue tang
Papo Narwhal
Papo Manta Ray
Maia & Borges Horend Grebe
Maia & Borges Red throat diver
Science & Nature Echidna
Science & Nature Coroberee frog
Science & Nature Kiwi
Science & Nature Kakapo
Science & Nature Kakariki
Science & Nature Black snake
Southlands Wombat
Southlands Wedge Tail eagle
Southlands Possum

Isidro

Yesterday at night I crossed casually with this Wikipedia paragraph:

QuoteK. Narayanan is the Limca Book of Records (an Indian record book) holder for the largest collection of miniature animal replicas, numbering 1,773 as of June 12, 2011.[3]

Curious to see because some of the replies of this post are already larger collections than the one of this Indian man.

Of course, from 2011 to now the brands produced tons of new models and the Karayanan collection may be grown very much. Who knows.

Advicot

Well if there is any news regarding this guy i wonder if he still collects. If he doesn't does anyone fancy putting their name forward for a GWR? As some of the collections on the forum are pretty huge. Probably in 3 years I'll have this amount the Indian guy had.  :)

sbell

Quote from: Advicot on November 02, 2019, 09:07:49 AM
What figures do you collect?

It's fairly eclectic. My main focuses are freshwater fish, unusual and primitive fishes, chondrichthyans, carnivorans (especially hyenas), prehistoric mammals and other prehistoric animals, though limited dinosaurs.

And then, whatever amuses me. I have three tardigrades, a wide range of Burgess shale animals, lots of caudatan amphibians... but very few birds and pretty much no domestic animals (save a very few).

I just roll with what looks good to me. I try to make sure that I have display space for whatever I get. I've sold, traded or gifted a lot over the years to keep things manageable