News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd. want ideas for 2021 products

Started by AnimalToyForum, September 25, 2019, 06:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

"Calling all SafariFans!

We 💛 our fans and we especially love your ideas, which is why we want to hear from YOU!

Which toys do you want to see created next?! 😉 Got a favorite animal? A figurine that would be perfect for your little one's toy chest? TELL US!

Click here to submit your new product ideas for 2021: https://hubs.ly/H0kWWx_0

Who knows... your idea might just be one of our newest Safari Ltd figurines!

If your toy idea is selected, you'll receive 25% off your next purchase & a signed certificate from us 🙌🎉 GET TO IT!"

I suggested Rhomaleosaurus, Plesiosaurus, and shoebill bird.  8)

bmathison1972

I suggested:

common bedbug (Incredible Creatures)
Andean cock-of-the-rock (Wings of the World)
coati (Wildlife)

I know the bedbug is s stretch, but it might sell well with the medical and public health educational community. In hindsight I should have selected medicinal leech.

stargatedalek

I think a bedbug has a decent shot, might not be super popular with the parents but it's a recognizable animal that would probably do really well in the school project and Halloween markets.

I submitted Tokay gecko, crested gecko, and Tupandactylus.

Takama

My were

A Dik Dik Antelope for wildlife

Heterodontosaurus tucki For Prehistoric World

and a Japanese Kappa For Mythical realms

Isidro

I sent these suggestion: put again in production the retired Malayan Tapir, make a normal-sized (not TOOB) Commerson's dolphin, and make a Marbled Cat :-)

Advicot

I put a Roan Antelope and Aye Aye for wildlife and a Saddle Billed Stork for Wings Of the World.  :)

Don't I take long uploading photos!

Animalibus

I put a California Condor (retireted) and Rhea americana (Nandu) for Wings of the World and Coati (Nasua nasua) for Wildlife.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Animalibus on October 15, 2019, 04:30:04 PM
I put a California Condor (retireted) and Rhea americana (Nandu) for Wings of the World and Coati (Nasua nasua) for Wildlife.

Coati seems popular; I also did that one and on the STS forum 1-2 other people did too. I suggested it for North American Wildlife, but really it could be for either!

AcroSauroTaurus

I put Strap-toothed Beaked Whale, Mymoorapelta, and Gharial.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Animalibus

I suggested

Nandu (Rhea americana) male, female and chiks
Giant Armadillo (Priodontes maximus)
Giant Otter (Pteronura brasiliensis)
Coati (Nasua narica)
Vicunha (Vicugna pacos)

Advicot

When are the results going to be published?  ???

Isidro

I would think that, if they go to be published (I don't assume that), then it will be in 2021...

sphyrna18

They already announced the winner. A little girl who suggested a Mermaid TOOB, I think. I didn't see that one coming, but there you go. It was on the FB page a while ago.

Isidro

Oh! I didn't expected such an anticipation (one year before the releasing). Will be good for the fantasy figure lovers.

suspsy

Quote from: sphyrna18 on December 15, 2019, 08:15:46 PM
They already announced the winner. A little girl who suggested a Mermaid TOOB, I think. I didn't see that one coming, but there you go. It was on the FB page a while ago.

So that's the only suggestion Safari went with?

Advicot

bmathison1972

I don't normally do these 'wish lists' but it can sometimes be fun to dream. This is a general comment, not related to Safari's formal poll above. How about a Small Mammals TOOB:
-vampire bat
-pygmy armadillo
-lesser bushbaby
-star-nosed mole
-desert cottontail rabbit
-elephant shrew
-pacarana
-eastern chipmunk
-African striped weasel

You can't have everything obscure; Safari likes to go for common and familiar much of the time.

AnimalToyForum

Do you think that's because most people voted for mermaid toob? ::)

Avian

I dont know a serious collector who would.
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

bmathison1972

Quote from: animaltoyforum on January 07, 2020, 09:11:31 PM
Do you think that's because most people voted for mermaid toob? ::)

I didn't realize voting was final. A mermaid's toob? Oh for $@^%!'s sake. Honestly I bet they already had the 2021 line-up ready and just picked the one person that made a lucky guess of what would be among the items. These things often take years to make and approve, so I doubt any suggestions in late 2019 would be seen in 2021.