News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

What do you think of Cling Pals?

Started by clingpals, September 24, 2019, 05:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clingpals

Hi everyone, we just launched a line of magnetic plush characters called Cling Pals on Kickstarter.  Our goal is to bring a bit of innovation into the plushy world.

We have an 11 character line-up – 5 of which are animals. We're hoping to get your feedback on which characters are most popular. The dog that you see there is Charlie Cruise – he's our most popular!

Charlie's not your average dog. After all, how many dogs wear trendy sunglasses, super eye-catching capes, and think they can fly? On top of that, Charlie can do what most dogs only dream of - hang onto vehicles traveling at fast speeds. He's started to develop a bit of a Superhero Complex – which certainly comes handy.

We're really looking to incorporate your feedback on what we've created. This is my first time designing a toy – so go easy on me. Just kidding – let the criticism floooow!

Cheers!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/278875381/cling-pals-magnetic-plush-characters

Isidro

Interesting concept, tough probably you will not find in this forum the kind of customs that would buy this kind of things. Most of us are collectors of hard plastic realistic animal replicas.

clingpals

Thank you for letting me know Isidro. Even if just *one* person likes them - and gives some honest feedback - that would make me happy :)

AnimalToyForum

It's a clever idea. :)) Are the magnets on the left and right 'hands' different charges, so they can 'grab' around things? Like those plush monkeys with velcro hands that we're all familiar with that can hang around your neck.

clingpals

That's exactly it! The magnets allow the Cling Pals to cling onto magnetic surfaces AND wrap around things with their limbs. One hand (or leg) from one figure, can even cling with another figure's hand (or leg) - kind of like a handshake.

:)

AnimalToyForum

Gotcha. How about a gecko character - they stick onto things!

Good luck with your kickstarter campaign. :)

clingpals

We actually tried a Gecko design, but it just wouldn't work due to the length of the arms and legs. Oh well, maybe we can try again.

Thanks for the kind words! Are there any other online communities you would suggest I reach out to?

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: clingpals on September 26, 2019, 02:09:33 PM
We actually tried a Gecko design, but it just wouldn't work due to the length of the arms and legs. Oh well, maybe we can try again.

Thanks for the kind words! Are there any other online communities you would suggest I reach out to?

Yes, STS Forum is always active, it look like you haven't posted there yet: http://sts-forum.forumieren.de

clingpals

stargatedalek

Quote from: clingpals on September 26, 2019, 02:09:33 PM

A lined flat tailed gecko might work. They have these crazy long, almost deer-like legs. The "leaf" tail coupled with the wood like patterns might work for a more character oriented design too.

clingpals

I did not know that - ok, I'll take a look! Thanks :)

clingpals

In case anyone is interested, I'm taking a stab at affiliate marketing through Kickbooster.me to help my project.

I'm offering a 12% referral, check out the link below:

https://cling-pals-magnetic-plush.kickbooster.me/boost