News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Schleich—New for 2020

Started by suspsy, September 18, 2019, 01:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 27, 2019, 12:19:26 PM
Quote from: suspsy on November 27, 2019, 11:56:13 AM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 27, 2019, 11:54:01 AM
Quote from: suspsy on November 27, 2019, 03:44:45 AM
I think I'll snap up that reindeer for my son's collection. I especially like the fact that the tips of its antlers are blunted!

Just don't let it run over grandma, @suspsy

I'd say my mother-in-law is more wary of the CollectA anaconda. Or the chomping Schleich crocodile.

So you went with the Schleich croc after all?

I did. As I will write in my eventual review, it's not the best representation out there, but it's decent enough, and it's easily available and affordable, which are big positives when you're buying for a toddler. I think the upcoming Southlands Replicas saltwater crocodile will blow every other plastic crocodilian out of the water (no pun intended), but I'm not about to plunk down more than $20 (not to mention shipping) on an animal figure that my son could easily end up accidentally damaging or losing.

Although I may well get the saltie for myself.  :)

Advicot

Is the new tortoise Galapagos or Aldabra? I'm asking this as I would want to see if this can go with the other Schleich Aldabra tortoises, and also I wish to have three of each type of tortoise I own.
Don't I take long uploading photos!

BramS

Picture I made  ^-^

bmathison1972

nice @BramS
I recently bought this figure too; the sculpt is very nice, but I wish it was a little bigger :)

BramS

I love it , it has very nice details    :D

suspsy

I too would like to know whether that tortoise is Galapagos or Aldabra.

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on August 25, 2020, 03:57:00 PM

@suspsy morphologically it appears to be a Galapagos. Interestingly the most recent Papo 'Galapagos tortoise' has a nuchal scute, supporting its identity as an Aldabra tortoise.

BlueKrono

Quote from: suspsy on August 25, 2020, 03:57:00 PM

Schleich tends to have pretty standard species selections, so it likely is the more well-known Galapagos. I'd be surprised if Aldabras were even on their radar. The two tortoises are quite similar in appearance, and this one doesn't look more like one than the other.
I like turtles.

JimoAi

What species is the Hammerhead though?

Physeter macrocephalus

Quote from: JimoAi on December 19, 2020, 10:55:54 AM
What species is the Hammerhead though?

I think it's a great hammerhead shark.

JimoAi

What do you guys think of the hammerhead sharks?

Gwangi

Can't really identify the hammerhead based on the cephalofoil but the tall dorsal fin seems to suggest it's a great hammerhead.

Physeter macrocephalus

Quote from: Gwangi on December 19, 2020, 09:28:23 PM
Can't really identify the hammerhead based on the cephalofoil but the tall dorsal fin seems to suggest it's a great hammerhead.

I just found a low quality image showing hammerhead shark showing their head I just compare with the schleich one its clearly a great hammerhead.

Physeter macrocephalus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 25, 2020, 12:01:47 AM
nice @BramS
I recently bought this figure too; the sculpt is very nice, but I wish it was a little bigger :)

I like the older one but this figure is a good figure I wish they make a giant tortoise baby.

NOTE:We are getting a tortoise set wich includes baby tortoises.

Advicot

Yes, but the cost is too much in my opinion for them, it's £12.83 on MiniZoo!
Don't I take long uploading photos!

maziply

Scott @ Maziply Toys
Official U.S. Schleich Flagship Store

Cachalot

I got the Reindeer.  I am quite pleased with that figure.
Thar She Blows!