News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

General discussion

Started by AnimalToyForum, December 06, 2012, 06:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmathison1972

Quote from: brontodocus on January 06, 2015, 09:06:22 PM
Okay, it seems we're slowly getting there... So now that we have eight polls (Bullyland, CollectA, Kaiyodo, Kitan Club, Mojö Fun, Papo, Safari Ltd, and Schleich) but there are still a few leftovers by Japanese brands. Eikoh Miniatureplanet with 32 figures and Favorite with one (albeit apparently very good) figure. Currently, I'm considering throwing these together in one poll thread with three possible votes. We could still add figures which I may have overlooked to that poll. But this way I could solve the problem with Favorite, choosing one out of one figure wouldn't really make sense (and I have the feeling Hirokazu Tokugawa's Giant Squid has good chances to be serious competition for the others even in the "finals" so it should be in one of the polls). What are your thoughts about it? And again: Anything I have overlooked which should be in this or any of the other polls? Thanks for all comments & contributions! :)

How about putting all non-Kaiyodo (including Kitan Club which you already took care of, sorry :) ) Japanese brands into a 'Japanese-misc.' poll?

brontodocus

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 06, 2015, 09:50:09 PM
Okay, it seems we're slowly getting there... So now that we have eight polls (Bullyland, CollectA, Kaiyodo, Kitan Club, Mojö Fun, Papo, Safari Ltd, and Schleich) but there are still a few leftovers by Japanese brands. Eikoh Miniatureplanet with 32 figures and Favorite with one (albeit apparently very good) figure. Currently, I'm considering throwing these together in one poll thread with three possible votes. We could still add figures which I may have overlooked to that poll. But this way I could solve the problem with Favorite, choosing one out of one figure wouldn't really make sense (and I have the feeling Hirokazu Tokugawa's Giant Squid has good chances to be serious competition for the others even in the "finals" so it should be in one of the polls). What are your thoughts about it? And again: Anything I have overlooked which should be in this or any of the other polls? Thanks for all comments & contributions! :)

How about putting all non-Kaiyodo (including Kitan Club which you already took care of, sorry :) ) Japanese brands into a 'Japanese-misc.' poll?
Thanks, Blaine! :-) Actually, I like the idea. And there are not many votes, yet. It would be possible to edit the thread. If the others are okay with this solution, too, I'll do it.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: brontodocus on January 06, 2015, 09:57:10 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 06, 2015, 09:50:09 PM

Thanks, Blaine! :-) Actually, I like the idea. And there are not many votes, yet. It would be possible to edit the thread. If the others are okay with this solution, too, I'll do it.

Fine by me :)

brontodocus

Thanks for the feedback! :) So it is done! 8)

pelycosaurus

AnimalToyForum

Is it just me, or has it been especially quite here at the ATF in recent months? Is everyone okay?

bmathison1972

Quote from: animaltoyforum on April 14, 2018, 10:40:01 PM
Is it just me, or has it been especially quite here at the ATF in recent months? Is everyone okay?

I haven't been active because I haven't had much new to share. Also I have been occupied with my 'real' beetle work, plus lots of publications and projects in my Parasitology profession :).

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on April 15, 2018, 12:48:25 AM
Quote from: animaltoyforum on April 14, 2018, 10:40:01 PM

I haven't been active because I haven't had much new to share. Also I have been occupied with my 'real' beetle work, plus lots of publications and projects in my Parasitology profession :).

I just haven't had a lot to post lately, time and such, etc.

AnimalToyForum

Yeah, same here actually. We all have lots going on in real life! Since the community consists of a handful of regular active members, it is noticeable when they're absent. :))

I feel that there's a sort of critical mass that a forum must achieve to remain healthy, because posts beget posts. The ATF is always nudging up to that critical mass, but never quite gets there. One or two more active members might make all the difference.

I suspect the Photobucket problem put off a lot of people, too.

Beetle guy

I will be posting more active in two weeks.
Than some deadlines are taken care of. 8)

The Japanese manufacturers' (my collecting source) animal output is at a all time low. ;-( 
Especially Kaiyodo isn't even a ghost from what they made in the years 2014/2015 when it comes to animals.

I have some nice newly found old stuff though!
Be back in a bit!

PS:
I miss Brontodocus on the forum. Hope he's allright.
To beetle or not to beetle.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: Beetle guy on April 15, 2018, 09:12:39 PM

The Japanese manufacturers' (my collecting source) animal output is at a all time low. ;-( 
Especially Kaiyodo isn't even a ghost from what they made in the years 2014/2015 when it comes to animals.

Be back in a bit!

PS:

Is there a reason for the paucity of new Kaiyodo figures? Intentional or just random?

I think Brontodocus is busy, as the rest of us. :)

sbell

Quote from: animaltoyforum on April 15, 2018, 10:31:04 PM
Quote from: Beetle guy on April 15, 2018, 09:12:39 PM

Be back in a bit!

PS:

Is there a reason for the paucity of new Kaiyodo figures? Intentional or just random?

I think Brontodocus is busy, as the rest of us. :)

Kaiyodo is still pretty active with making figures...they're just not being very interesting about it. Especially for those of us that like animal models. There are a few sets coming apparently, but nothing truly unique.