News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

New AnimalToyBlog entries

Started by AnimalToyForum, August 21, 2019, 10:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badger

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 25, 2019, 06:11:32 PM
Civets, Mongooses, and Allies [non-cat feliforms, may or may not include hyenas]
Hyenas (?)

I imagine there are few enough hyena figures that including them with civets and mongooses would produce a sufficiently sized category. (there are only 4 extant hyena species, how many figures could there possibly be of them? ;))

The rest of the potential categories you've decided are fine for later use (I personally would include raccoons and red pandas with mustelids and skunks), but I will add that there are likely enough domestic dog and cat figures that even a category solely containing either species would still be very large ;D
(a.k.a. Ravonium, on the DTF and STS)

bmathison1972

Quote from: Badger on August 25, 2019, 06:30:01 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 25, 2019, 06:11:32 PM
Civets, Mongooses, and Allies [non-cat feliforms, may or may not include hyenas]
Hyenas (?)

I imagine there are few enough hyena figures that including them with civets and mongooses would produce a sufficiently sized category. (there are only 4 extant hyena species, how many figures could there possibly be of them? ;))

There's also likely enough domestic dog (and possibly domestic cat) figures that even a category solely containing either species would still be too large ;D

I'll let Sean answer that...LOL

bmathison1972

Yowie Group blue-winged goose: http://www.animaltoyforum.com/blog/2019/08/26/blue-winged-goose-yowies/#more-178

I probably won't add any more of mine personally until the weekend or so. We have one by Suspsy in the queue. My next one will probably just be a transfer from one of the walkarounds.

suspsy

My second review will be another first for the ATB!  :))

sbell

I just published a new one...a massive review of Safari Endangered Marine Animals toob.

http://www.animaltoyforum.com/blog/2019/08/27/endangered-animals-marine-toob-safari-ltd/

Turns out...I had a lot to say about 10 figures...8 of which, I'll be honest, are kind of filler.

It will go up in about 12 hours! I wanted to give the goose some space...but knew I wouldn't remember to put post here!

AnimalToyForum

sbell

Thanks. It's a different experience, paying close attention to models that I wouldn't normally do so.

bmathison1972

red kangaroom (male) of Southlands Replicas by Suspsy: http://www.animaltoyforum.com/blog/2019/08/28/red-kangaroo-male-southlands-replicas/

EDIT: and a second, by our very own Beetle Guy, the So-Ta Hercules beetle: http://animaltoyforum.com/blog/2019/08/28/dynastes-hercules-state-of-the-art-so-ta/

AnimalToyForum

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: animaltoyforum on August 22, 2019, 10:55:21 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 22, 2019, 01:51:13 AM
Quote from: suspsy on August 22, 2019, 01:49:13 AM
I'm on an iPhone all this week. The DTB shows featured images for me, so I assumed something was different with the ATB.

maybe @animaltoyforum can check. I am new to 'blogging'. But when I first posted, I had forgotten to click featured images and they were not there. But then when I selected one it was. But again, on my laptop at home (and also my desktop at work). I am sure there is something in the coding Adam will figure out :)

Hmm, not sure, I'll look into that!

I'm experiencing the same issue on iphone, no preview images, still can't work out what setting is different between DTB and ATB!

Edit - I worked it out!  ^-^

suspsy

Quote from: animaltoyforum on August 28, 2019, 11:07:13 PM
Quote from: animaltoyforum on August 22, 2019, 10:55:21 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 22, 2019, 01:51:13 AM
Quote from: suspsy on August 22, 2019, 01:49:13 AM
I'm on an iPhone all this week. The DTB shows featured images for me, so I assumed something was different with the ATB.

maybe @animaltoyforum can check. I am new to 'blogging'. But when I first posted, I had forgotten to click featured images and they were not there. But then when I selected one it was. But again, on my laptop at home (and also my desktop at work). I am sure there is something in the coding Adam will figure out :)

Hmm, not sure, I'll look into that!

I'm experiencing the same issue on iphone, no preview images, still can't work out what setting is different between DTB and ATB!

Edit - I worked it out!  ^-^

Cool beans!

Beetle guy

In Wordpress there is an option that featured images disappear when the screen you are watching is (or is becoming - responsive-) a specified screen size. Mainly this option is for a header image to disappear when the image get's sized down to much for smartphone's or tablets.
To beetle or not to beetle.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: Beetle guy on August 29, 2019, 07:07:45 AM
In Wordpress there is an option that featured images disappear when the screen you are watching is (or is becoming - responsive-) a specified screen size. Mainly this option is for a header image to disappear when the image get's sized down to much for smartphone's or tablets.

Yes, it was a theme setting dor that that I hadn't checked.

bmathison1972

Not intending three arthropods in a row  8) but here we have the Safari LTD Incredible Creatures horseshoe crab, courtesy of @Gwangi
http://animaltoyforum.com/blog/2019/08/29/horseshoe-crab-incredible-creatures-by-safari-ltd/

sbell

Okay, I have a new one set to go up in a few hours (I like to give some breathing room):

http://animaltoyforum.com/blog/2019/08/30/saddled-bichir-(colorata-fossil-fishes-box,-release-2-&-3)/

Of course it's one of the saddled bichir figures. Not my Favorite though. That will come later. And I think that's my favourite of the three that exist...

bmathison1972

Looks good Sean!

I have one ready too but waiting for some time :). Mine is small, furry, and made by Safari!

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: sbell on August 30, 2019, 03:47:37 AM
Okay, I have a new one set to go up in a few hours (I like to give some breathing room):

http://animaltoyforum.com/blog/2019/08/30/saddled-bichir-(colorata-fossil-fishes-box,-release-2-&-3)/

Of course it's one of the saddled bichir figures. Not my Favorite though. That will come later. And I think that's my favourite of the three that exist...

Great! BTW, don't worry about breathing room just yet, I'm hoping the blog becomes populated quickly, to encourage visitors and new contributors, and to give search engines something to get their botty teeth into. Once it is established in a few weeks or so, then we can take our foot off the pedal and space out the reviews more steadily (as on Dinotoyblog). Basically, I'm saying don't be upset if your review doesn't stay at the top for long! O:-)

bmathison1972

OK I might post mine now then, as I have to leave soon for the gym then work. Otherwise, I won't be able to for another 13 hours or so :)

Luckily the blog shows the top 10, so even if not at the top, recent ones are readily visible.

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 30, 2019, 11:47:00 AM
OK I might post mine now then, as I have to leave soon for the gym then work. Otherwise, I won't be able to for another 13 hours or so :)

Luckily the blog shows the top 10, so even if not at the top, recent ones are readily visible.

Go for it. Did you know you can time your reviews to go live at a specified time?

bmathison1972

Quote from: animaltoyforum on August 30, 2019, 11:53:52 AM

Go for it. Did you know you can time your reviews to go live at a specified time?

No I didn't; I will look into that (I also need to figure out how to add hyperlinks)

Anyway, here is my post, the eastern grey squirrel by Safari LTD: http://animaltoyforum.com/blog/2019/08/30/eastern-grey-squirrel-north-american-wildlife-by-safari-ltd/#more-323