News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

New AnimalToyBlog entries

Started by AnimalToyForum, August 21, 2019, 10:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

@bmathison1972 has already kicked off the new Animal Toy Blog with the first ever review! The Schleich Tawny Owl: http://www.animaltoyforum.com/blog/2019/08/21/tawny-owl-schleich/

AnimalToyForum

Beetle guy

Very nice!! Love the quiet background!
To beetle or not to beetle.

suspsy

I notice there are no featured images for the reviews. Is that option missing?

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on August 22, 2019, 01:34:08 AM
I notice there are no featured images for the reviews. Is that option missing?

They are clicked and showing for me, at least on my laptop. Are you on a phone or laptop/desktop.

I know for the two I posted I clicked them and can see all 3 on my laptop

suspsy

I'm on an iPhone all this week. The DTB shows featured images for me, so I assumed something was different with the ATB.

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on August 22, 2019, 01:49:13 AM
I'm on an iPhone all this week. The DTB shows featured images for me, so I assumed something was different with the ATB.

maybe @animaltoyforum can check. I am new to 'blogging'. But when I first posted, I had forgotten to click featured images and they were not there. But then when I selected one it was. But again, on my laptop at home (and also my desktop at work). I am sure there is something in the coding Adam will figure out :)

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 22, 2019, 01:51:13 AM
Quote from: suspsy on August 22, 2019, 01:49:13 AM

maybe @animaltoyforum can check. I am new to 'blogging'. But when I first posted, I had forgotten to click featured images and they were not there. But then when I selected one it was. But again, on my laptop at home (and also my desktop at work). I am sure there is something in the coding Adam will figure out :)

Hmm, not sure, I'll look into that!

AnimalToyForum

Badger

(a.k.a. Ravonium, on the DTF and STS)

sbell

bmathison1972

AnimalToyForum

suspsy

Badger

bmathison1972

Quote from: Badger on August 25, 2019, 04:19:09 PM
My first review, the African Civet by CollectA: http://www.animaltoyforum.com/blog/2019/08/25/african-civet-collecta/

Yeessss!!!!!!!!!! Great job, @Badger . I went ahead and created a Category for 'Carnivores' to add to yours as well, so it can be grouped with other carnivores when being searched :). Hope that is OK with you.

bmathison1972

I plan on doing a Yowie figure tomorrow (Monday) or Tuesday. It will depend on if we get any Guest Reviews, as I would prefer to give a guest (or other Authors) priority.

Badger

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 25, 2019, 04:33:34 PM
I went ahead and created a Category for 'Carnivores' to add to yours as well, so it can be grouped with other carnivores when being searched :). Hope that is OK with you.

At least for now, I'm fine with that arrangement :) (it will likely have to split in future though, as it is one of the most commonly made mammalian orders :P)

bmathison1972

Quote from: Badger on August 25, 2019, 05:51:17 PM
Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 25, 2019, 04:33:34 PM
I went ahead and created a Category for 'Carnivores' to add to yours as well, so it can be grouped with other carnivores when being searched :). Hope that is OK with you.

At least for now, I'm fine with that arrangement :) (it will likely have to split in future though, as it is one of the most commonly made mammalian orders :P)

OMG you are absolutely right. I completely discounted the number of dog, cat, and bear figures. Civets alone is probably not justifiable. We could add 'Civets Mongooses' as a Category (even though technically it would be paraphyletic to not include the hyenas. Just thinking out loud, I can see Carnivores having the following additional categories:
Cats
Dogs
Bears
Seals, Sealions, and Walrus
Weasels, Skunks, and Allies [this could include raccoons and red panda]
Civets, Mongooses, and Allies [non-cat feliforms, may or may not include hyenas]
Hyenas (?)