News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Animal Toy Blog?

Started by AnimalToyForum, August 08, 2019, 02:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimalToyForum

I could always install blog software on animaltoyforum at, say, animaltoyforum.com/blog and make you the admin

It could be called Animal Toy Blog, a sister for Dinosaur Toy Blog, just as this forum is sister to Dinosaur Toy Forum...

bmathison1972

Quote from: animaltoyforum on August 08, 2019, 02:48:20 PM
I could always install blog software on animaltoyforum at, say, animaltoyforum.com/blog and make you the admin

It could be called Animal Toy Blog, a sister for Dinosaur Toy Blog, just as this forum is sister to Dinosaur Toy Forum...

I have wanted to suggest that but I kinda assumed our walkaround sections was the companion to the blog. If you want an Animal Toy Blog I would be happy to be an Admin and contributor.

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 08, 2019, 03:08:28 PM

I have wanted to suggest that but I kinda assumed our walkaround sections was the companion to the blog. If you want an Animal Toy Blog I would be happy to be an Admin and contributor.

Could you imagine how broad an ATB would been? Organizing and tagging would never end...!

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 08, 2019, 03:08:28 PM

It's actually something I've been toying ( ::) ) with for a while, myself, maybe even as a replacement to the public walk-around section, which isn't a great format and is difficult to navigate and search. But, in the first instance at least, I'd be happy to set up an Animal Toy Blog and give you free reign. Give me a couple of weeks and I'll make it so. :)

Organising and tagging is something that will just have to evolve with the blog, but we'll work out a system as we go. O:-)

Edit - Sorry @sbell, just realised we sort of hijacked your topic! I'll move the latter discussion.

Beetle guy

I would be happy to contribute!
To beetle or not to beetle.

AnimalToyForum

That's fine by me, the more the merrier. Is that okay with you, too, @bmathison1972, if there's a team of bloggers like on the Dinotoyblog?

bmathison1972

yes, the more the better!  ^-^

sbell

I could probably do my part. Probably stick to fish...!

bmathison1972

We will need to try to make it taxonomically diverse :-). Since I am building a Synoptic Collection, I have lots of options but only one per species. Maybe a blog will get @Jetoar or even @brontodocus back in the game :)

Beetle guy

My collection consists of insects, few arthropods and amphibians... So that will be my restriction!  Some bloggers specialized in other animal groups would be nice ;-)

AnimalToyForum

Sorry for the delay, I recently moved house and we've been having problems getting broadband set up at home. As soon as I'm up and running I'll sort out the new blog. Thanks to everyone interested in participating!

bmathison1972

Remember we would only be the Admin. Anyone can contribute, the would just send their submissions thought us (that's how it works, right Adam?).

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 16, 2019, 02:15:13 PM
Remember we would only be the Admin. Anyone can contribute, the would just send their submissions thought us (that's how it works, right Adam?).

Yep, as on the Dinotoyblog, Regular Reviewers (or Authors or Admins) will be able to post on the blog directly, while Guest Reviewers will be able to submit their reviews to a Regular Reviewer to edit/post on their behalf. We can discuss who the point of contact will be for Guest Reviews once things are set up.

Guest Reviewers usually get promoted to Regular Reviewer status if they submit regularly.

AnimalToyForum

Beetle guy

Badger

I'd be happy to contribute :)
(a.k.a. Ravonium, on the DTF and STS)

AnimalToyForum

Thanks @Badger @sbell and @Beetle guy I think together we will form the basis of a strong initial reviewer team, and we can see how it goes. Does anyone else fancy being a part of the initial reviewer team? @Isidro , you came to mind when I was thinking of potential reviewers.

bmathison1972

Quote from: animaltoyforum on August 19, 2019, 01:37:58 PM
Thanks @Badger @sbell and @Beetle guy I think together we will form the basis of a strong initial reviewer team, and we can see how it goes. Does anyone else fancy being a part of the initial reviewer team? @Isidro , you came to mind when I was thinking of potential reviewers.

I will (but maybe that was a given? LOL)

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 19, 2019, 03:12:44 PM
Quote from: animaltoyforum on August 19, 2019, 01:37:58 PM

I will (but maybe that was a given? LOL)

Oh, yes, that was a given! You're going to be the boss!  ;D

AnimalToyForum

The blog is up and running in a rudimentary form. ^-^ It will look better once I create some authors and we start adding content!

http://www.animaltoyforum.com/blog/