News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Favicon and topic icon

Started by AnimalToyForum, December 06, 2012, 02:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What critter should be featured on the ATF favicon?

Insect
0 (0%)
Horse
0 (0%)
Dog
1 (7.1%)
Cat
1 (7.1%)
Reptile
2 (14.3%)
Amphibian
1 (7.1%)
Whale/dolphin
1 (7.1%)
Fish
2 (14.3%)
Spider
0 (0%)
Other (please state)
2 (14.3%)
Bird
4 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Ana

I think, maybe it would be good if it's one of species which first come to mind to average person when hear the word "animal". So it may be: tiger, elephant, giraffe, zebra, crocodile (perhaps also lion, bear and horse). I think if You go to toy shop and will search cheap sets with plastic animals they will contain some of these for sure (well, I've seen some of them even in "farm sets" LOL) 
Dog would suggest forum for dog lovers, that's very popular passion. The same abut horse, there is so many forum about horses and also for only horse models collectors (Breyer for example)
Sharks, whales would suggest passion to ocean, it's good too, but the forum is not only for collectors of ocean creatures figures, they are probably more specific (at least it's how I see it).
Probably it would be good if the creature is one of the iconic "animals" ? :) Just the idea ;) 

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: Ana on December 14, 2012, 08:39:49 PM
I think, maybe it would be good if it's one of species which first come to mind to average person when hear the word "animal". So it may be: tiger, elephant, giraffe, zebra, crocodile (perhaps also lion, bear and horse). I think if You go to toy shop and will search cheap sets with plastic animals they will contain some of these for sure (well, I've seen some of them even in "farm sets" LOL) 
Dog would suggest forum for dog lovers, that's very popular passion. The same abut horse, there is so many forum about horses and also for only horse models collectors (Breyer for example)
Sharks, whales would suggest passion to ocean, it's good too, but the forum is not only for collectors of ocean creatures figures, they are probably more specific (at least it's how I see it).
Probably it would be good if the creature is one of the iconic "animals" ? :) Just the idea ;)

Thanks for your thoughts Ana.  :) Yes, I think I agree, and I'm gradually edging towards the elephant suggestion :)

AnimalToyForum

Thanks for your input everyone! As you will see, I've settled on a little green elephant ^-^ Hope you like!

Now... to decide on the board icon

Himmapaan

Let's have a whale for the board icon. Or a camel. ;D

AnimalToyForum

The green colour seemed a bit crazy so I changed it to a more down to earth grey.  :)

Jetoar

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Ana

Very very nice elephant :D  ^-^

AnimalToyForum

Thanks Ana. :D  I was also admiring your lovely avatar image. As it's a perfect square, you could use it as a favicon on your website :)

Ana

That's right! Good idea! But I don't know yet how to do it LOL

AnimalToyForum

Ana, it's not too difficult, I'd be happy to help you if you like? :)

As for our elephant favicon, I wasn't entirlely happy with the design (it was a bit more stylised than I wanted), so I've created a new one based on an actual toy elephant, with its trunk raised up to mirror the DTF favicon :) I've also rounded the edges of both favicons to make them look a little neater.

Ana

Wow, that's so kind of You! I will ask You soon, I really need to update my website this month  ::) Thank You! :)

I really like new shape of elephant, it's more natural shape now :D

AnimalToyForum

Quote from: Ana on December 19, 2012, 10:18:40 PM
Wow, that's so kind of You! I will ask You soon, I really need to update my website this month  ::) Thank You! :)

I really like new shape of elephant, it's more natural shape now :D

Just drop me a PM and I'll help however I can - so long as you have access to your server and files it should be quite simple.

The elephant is actually the Wildlife Wonders elephant :)

AnimalToyForum

I've updated the topics icon - it is a Safari Ltd giraffe. Hope you like!

brontodocus

Ah, now I can see it (I should probably have hit "reload" earlier)! 8) It's the Wildlife Wonders one, isn't it?

Jetoar

I like the giraffe for favicon. Our forum is complete difinetly  ;).
My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

AnimalToyForum

Wildlife Wonders the giraffe is! Good eyes!  :o