This walk-arounds section is being phased out and replaced by the Animal Toy Blog. The board is set to 'reply only' and topics are being migrated to the blog or moved to a different board. Please consider contributing new reviews to the Animal Toy Blog instead.

Author Topic: Sea Bottom Biological Seal Books (Kitan Club - Nature Techni Colour)  (Read 2000 times)

stemturtle

• Reviewer
    • View Profile

Sea Bottom Biological Seal Books by Ikimon, Nature Technicolor

After resisting for years, I finally bought this set for its educational value. I wish the items were 3D figurines instead of seals.
Thanks to Brett for his service dealing with YAJ.

80 species of marine invertebrates are depicted. A duplicate of each seal is included. The seals are flat, about 1.25 inches (3 cm.).
The obverse shows a color photo. The reverse identifies the scientific name in English on a paper that can be peeled off to expose an adhesive surface.
See images on the company site. There are 8 categories (called books), each with 10 species.

Echinoderm I
Echinoderm II
Arthropod I
Arthropod II
Cnider Animals (Cniderians)
Mollusk
Ring/Star Mouth Animal (Annelid & Sipunculid Worms)
Flat/Outer/String/Chordate (Chordates, Bryozoans, Flatworms, Ribbon Worms)

Example of a postage stamp stock page (not included) used to display the seals from book 8.
Small printing requires magnification. I prepared labels having a legible sized font.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 03:22:23 PM by stemturtle »

bmathison1972

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Sea Bottom Biological Seal Books
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 03:21:52 PM »
are these 'seals' hard plastic at least, like the recent plankton set? Or are they paper/paper-like stickers? If they are at least hard plastic (like resin-coated photos), I might consider them...

stemturtle

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
Re: Sea Bottom Biological Seal Books
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 03:27:29 PM »
are these 'seals' hard plastic at least, like the recent plankton set? Or are they paper/paper-like stickers? If they are at least hard plastic (like resin-coated photos), I might consider them...

The seals are about the same thickness as a photograph. Sorry, no resin.
Think of Christmas seals.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal