News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Sea Bottom Biological Seal Books (Kitan Club - Nature Techni Colour)

Started by stemturtle, December 02, 2018, 03:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stemturtle

Sea Bottom Biological Seal Books by Ikimon, Nature Technicolor

After resisting for years, I finally bought this set for its educational value. I wish the items were 3D figurines instead of seals.
Thanks to Brett for his service dealing with YAJ.

80 species of marine invertebrates are depicted. A duplicate of each seal is included. The seals are flat, about 1.25 inches (3 cm.).
The obverse shows a color photo. The reverse identifies the scientific name in English on a paper that can be peeled off to expose an adhesive surface.
See images on the company site. There are 8 categories (called books), each with 10 species.

Echinoderm I
Echinoderm II
Arthropod I
Arthropod II
Cnider Animals (Cniderians)
Mollusk
Ring/Star Mouth Animal (Annelid & Sipunculid Worms)
Flat/Outer/String/Chordate (Chordates, Bryozoans, Flatworms, Ribbon Worms)

Example of a postage stamp stock page (not included) used to display the seals from book 8.
Small printing requires magnification. I prepared labels having a legible sized font.

bmathison1972

are these 'seals' hard plastic at least, like the recent plankton set? Or are they paper/paper-like stickers? If they are at least hard plastic (like resin-coated photos), I might consider them...

stemturtle

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 02, 2018, 03:21:52 PM
are these 'seals' hard plastic at least, like the recent plankton set? Or are they paper/paper-like stickers? If they are at least hard plastic (like resin-coated photos), I might consider them...

The seals are about the same thickness as a photograph. Sorry, no resin.
Think of Christmas seals.