News:

The official blog of the Animal Toy Forum is now LIVE! Check it out at Animal Toy Blog!

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Animal Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Colorata - New for 2018

Started by Halichoeres, October 23, 2018, 01:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

The first Zoogeographic Regions box is now available. They started with the Ethiopian region (subSaharan Africa, to a first approximation). Three others planned: Holarctic, Neotropical (oddly combining the Americas with Australia), and tropical Asia.

Where I try to find the best version of every prehistoric species: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0

sbell

I can see 4 or 5 total of those that I would want...maybe. Dhole, hyena, maned wolf, clouded leopard...

So it probably won't happen. Colorata is too expensive to just get a small handful of figures!

stargatedalek

That Pelican is a must-have. The other birds are nice but I won't be hunting them down on their own unless someone is explicitly interested in splitting costs on these sets.

bmathison1972

It's nice to see another Japanese company taking a broader geographic approach (akin to the recent Kaiyodo Wild Rush sets), even though there is nothing specifically for me.

_lyds__

Wow- some gorgeous figures in there. Can see many I'd love to own! Sucks how expensive they can be  :-\

stargatedalek

I would have liked more variation within the individual sets, like the ones they started(?) for regions of Japan.

Only one bird in each set for any major diversity, no reptiles fish or inverts to be found. It's kind of sad really given Colorata is typically quite good about making sets that don't feel derivative and include interesting choices. These just feel like higher end versions of every generic dollar store "wild animals" set.

bmathison1972

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 23, 2018, 05:05:40 PM
These just feel like higher end versions of every generic dollar store "wild animals" set.

HA! My initial thoughts exactly. The lack of reptiles is odd. I wouldn't expect inverts or fish (other than a shark) in a set like these...

sbell

Quote from: bmathison1972 on October 24, 2018, 12:07:44 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on October 23, 2018, 05:05:40 PM
These just feel like higher end versions of every generic dollar store "wild animals" set.

HA! My initial thoughts exactly. The lack of reptiles is odd. I wouldn't expect inverts or fish (other than a shark) in a set like these...

Some of the diversity is at least unique, or less common. But I never noticed that, yes, they kind of smack of 'sell out' sets that are very generic and populist. Not so bad from a commercial point of view, but we know Colorata can do better.

AnimalToyForum

Another cassowary!  8) I'm tempted.